chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
( PICNIC )

"YOU'RE BACK" belly put her hands in her pockets as she stood in front of conrad. "hey" he gave the brunette girl a tight lipped smile.

"let me help" she lowered her pitch a little as she began helping the boy clean up the back porch. conrad turned to her, breaking the awkward silence. "how's you and your mom?"

belly looked at him hesitantly, "um, my mom. we um, we're good." she handed him a pot and a few paintbrushes. "i, uh, broke up with cam." she told the older boy who kept his back turned.

"why?"

"last night, you and I almost kissed." she told the back of his head. "did we?" he questioned, cleaning up the porch still. "i was pretty wasted, i don't really .. remember much." he stood up straight.

"um, are you serious?" the brunette girl stopped him from walking up the steps.

"okay, but belly nothing happened." he shrugged. "what do you want me to say? i'm sorry?" he chuckled to himself, confused on what to say.

"are you sorry?" belly narrowed her eyes at conrad. "i don't know" he said awkwardly, not wanting to break her heart since they were good friends but couldn't lie to her, "kind of."

her face fell as he said those two words. "i just can't, belly. you know why i can't." conrad shrugged. "i'm not waiting for you anymore." she told him.

"okay" he watched her walk off, not that bothered about if she was going to wait for him or not.

"connie" rory shrugged, narrowing her eyes in confusion at him. the boy nodded his head towards the younger girl walking off. "ahhhh." rory nodded slowly, stepping out of the door.

"what did you talk about?" the blonde asked him. "about how she tried to kiss me. and i said that i was sorry but i can't do it and nothing happened." conrad turned to her.

"told her straight." she giggled, following him back inside as he headed to his room.

laurel and susannah had gone out to god knows where, patrick was out playing golf with scott and finny, naomi was at home with the kitten studying for her next exam and steven was on a date with shayla.

jeremiah could've been anywhere, belly too.

"can we do something?" conrad broke rory out of her train of thoughts. "what like?" she has a small smirk on her face that she tried to hide.