ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Ang....." I walk over to her and engulf her in a hug.

"W-We got into this huge argument," she sniffles. "I was right. His parents hate me and wanted him to break up with me."

"And he did?" I yelled.

"No, he didn't. I broke up with him because I couldn't take it. Us being together and knowing his parents want me gone. It would slowly kill me inside. And it sucks. Because I loved him so much."

I squeeze her tighter. My heart breaks for her. While I wouldn't give a damn if Kol's parents didn't like me, I know how Angela is. She would desperately fight for Leo's parents to like her.

Angela looks up to where Kol is standing. "Aw, you guys got together. I'm so happy for you."

"Ang, we shouldn't be talking about a relationship right now. We should focus on you," I urge.

Angela shakes her head and places her head on my shoulders. "No, please. I need to focus on something else other than my heartbreak. What's going on with you and Kol?"

I give her an awkward smile and glance at Kol for an answer. He gives me the same look and shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh my God, I interrupted you guys talking, didn't I?" she internally facepalm.

"It's okay. Kol and I can talk later. We came to be here for you," I say.

"You guys should go in your room and talk," Angela offers.

I shake my head. "Ang, I came over here to console you about your breakup."

She laughs bitterly. "This isn't my first breakup, Maya. It probably won't be my last. But, it's okay. Go talk."

I give her one last squeeze before I lead Kol and me to my bedroom.

"Nice room," he says. He's staring at my Hello Kitty plushies sitting on my bed.

"Do not make fun of me, Andrew," I grit.

He laughs. "No, it's cute. My sister loved Hello Kitty too. When she was 8."

I glare at him and then laugh. 

"Will you tell me more about your ex?" he asks, quickly changing the topics. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

I let out a deep breath. "I want to tell you. I want you to know everything about me."

"Well you know I dated him while I was 15. He cheated on me with this chick named Carmen. Ended up cheating on Carmen years later with her sister, who is 16. I don't think there's anything more to tell."

I lie. I don't want to lie, but I end up lying anyway. And Kol knows it. He sits down next to me on my bed, wraps his arm around me, and places a small kiss on my forehead.

"Are you completely sure that is everything you want to tell me?"

I sigh. "I was already suffering without you and he said something that hit me like a train wreck. And I guess...I stupidly believed that you would find me that way too."

"What'd he say?" Kol asks.

His voice was soft, but I could sense a slight annoyance in his voice. Probably at Jeremiah.

"He told me I'm unlovable," I mumble and make sure he doesn't hear the last part.

"What?" he asks.

"He said I was unlovable."

"Sweetheart, speak up."

"He said I was unlovable," I yell and Kol is shocked by the level of my volume. My face flushes in embarrassment and I turn away. 

"Wha--Maya. You know that's not true, right?" he asks. When I don't respond, he pulls me toward him and squeezes me in his embrace.

"There is nothing in this world you could do, that could make me not love you. I can describe you in many words, but unlovable isn't one of them. Unlovable could never be one of them."

I sigh. "I know that now. But, your reassurance doesn't go unnoticed."

I lay my head down on his shoulder and cuddle up with him. I breathe in his scent as he squeezes me closer.

"How about I take you on a date?" I ask.

                                                                  End of Chapter Forty-Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYYYYSSSS!!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter of My Greatest Escape.

We are getting close to the end of this story.

I really hope you guys enjoy this story as much as I do.

Please let me know if you see any errors.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story with all your Wattpad-loving friends!

I LOOOVEEEE YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU GUUUUUUUYYYYYYYSSSSSS!!!!!!!