05. Burning

How does it feel to die but to live at the same time? To burn in the fire of your heart but at the same time being in the cold water of your mind . To be in the arms of the person who is the reason of your breathing but at the same time to be far away from that person , so far that you would be disappear like a thin air .

Arushi was squirming internally from his constant gaze . Her back was facing him but still his intense gaze was buring her soul . It felt like he was digging holes in her body by his gaze . Where ever she would go , his eyes would travel with her making her shiver badly . Her breathing was heavy , face paled and palm clasped with sweat. No matter how normal she want to behave in front of Malhotras but still it was becoming hard for her to cope . She was terrified for the future and the consequences. Advik's eyes were yelling that this time she could not run .

"Tu theek nahi hai Ru . Mujhe bata kya baat hai" Shreya exclaimed watching the girl who was just standing still without any movement making her worried .

( you are not ok Ru . Please tell me what happened)

"He is here shree . He is here after Six years . I don't know what should I do . I don't even know what is happening with me" Arushi said as she tried to gulp the bile framing in her throat while Shreya rubbed her arm trying to soothe her . She don't know who that he was . The only thing she know is Arushi loved him and still love him and after that dreadful night she promised herself to forget him so that her cursed shadow doesn't fall on him . Arushi never told anything about him to Shreya except her love for him .

"Are you talking about Advik Raichand?" Shreya asked concern visible on her face . Arushi nodded enhaling a breath and clutching the glass of juice . In these past years she got to knew it very well that Arushi always masked her emotions . After whatever happened with her , she was afraid to show her vulnerable side to anyone except her . Shreya have seen her crying. Lost in her thoughts for hours . She have seen her depressed bestfriend who had tried to commit suicide for don't know how many times and right now her condition was same as it was at that night when she was crying and yelling his name to take her in his embrace . But now the only difference is she want to be away from him .

"Do you want to go home?" Shreya asked Arushi who just nodded not believing her voice this time .

"Ok than just keep breathing slowly. I am coming after telling dad" Arushi smiled a little seeing her all hyped up as she hummed sipping her apple juice .

Advik's eyes never left her . It was like he wanted to drink her all through his eyes . The wait of Six years , the hunger which he felt when she was not in front of her . The hunger for her honey brown eyes , for her smile , for her rose like lips , the hunger for her. And now when she was in front of him ignoring him like he doesn't exist triggered him . He was a mess right now . A hirrodious mess . The way she was smiling with everyone. Meeting and greeting everyone professionally. Her eyes becoming Cresent whenever she would smile or the way she walked , everything was triggering him to an extent where he was not sure if he would be able to control himself to take her in his arms , away from everyone.

"Stop starring at her like that Advik . You are looking like a creep " Aditya snapped frustratingly looking at the creepiness of his bestfriend .

"Am I ? " Advik spoke in daze still lost in his thoughts .

'Ye aadmi pagal ho gaya hai' Aditya muttered under his breath before making his way towards Arushi who was staring at people absentmindly .