Chapter 1

Willow’s POV: 17 years later

6:30 a.m.

I woke up to my alarm going off. I groan and turn it off. I laid there for a few seconds before slowly getting out of bed and heading towards my bathroom. After taking a shower and cleaning my body and doing my morning routine, I walk out of the bathroom and towards my closet and change into an outfit that consist of black leggings with a white button of shirt and black blouse cover up coat thing and paired it with some black heels.

After getting ready and dressed, I walk out of my apartment and towards my black 2019 range rover and head to the office.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Willow Minnie Lyra Lopez, and I am 17 years old. I am an only child and I work at an office because I am an interior designer. I was left in an alleyway so my mom took me in, and I have looked up to her for the past 17 years of my life and I would do anything to make my mom proud. My mom's husband, my dad, died of cancer 6 years before she took me in. She never remarried and she was not able to have children.

When I was about 8 years old, I asked my mom why she didn’t go to the police station and ask to find my parents. She said she didn’t have the heart too because when she saw me, she said she saw apart of her husband in me, and she said that she wouldn’t give me to the people who hated me and left me to die. My mom is my superhero, and she will always be the best of the best when it comes to me. She’s my best friend, and I love her.

When I was 15, I found out my mom had cancer, I worked and worked every day so she could get treatment for it. She begged me to just leave her and to focus on school. It wasn’t until after my mom’s first treatment, did I ever become the best and most popular interior designer to ever exist. Most of the money I make goes to the people in need. I made a lot of homeless shelters and orphanages for people and children.

Anyways, more info comes later. I was walking to my office when I saw one of my best friends walking towards me. Edward, or as I call him Eddie, comes walking towards me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. “Hey buttercup” he says. I smile. “Hi Eddie. How are you this morning?” I asked him. He smiles and says “It’s good. I even got some d**k last night.” I laugh and shake my head. Yes, you heard him. Eddie is gay and I am proud of him for it. His father and mother weren’t proud of him for it and so they made him date random girls who used him for his money, and I found out, I was so angry I stormed into his house and yelled at his parents causing the neighbors to come to his house asking if anything was wrong. I blew up on his parents and I was even more angry when I saw one of the girls his parents made him date trying to have S** with him. I threw her off his and beat the crap out of her. When I was done, I told Eddie to pack some of his stuff and dragged him out of there. A few days later, His parents got arrested for child abuse and child neglect.

Eddie stayed with me in my apartment for a few months until he was able to move out. He moved into the apartment next to mine. Then he met Adam who was also gay, but he was abusive and really controlling. One time I caught him beating Eddie and I beat him so badly, he had to stay in the hospital under supervision of the police then he went to jail for abuse and drug coating. After that, Eddie has been on high alert when it comes to people. He was diagnosed with ADHD, ADD, IED, and PTSD.

A few months ago, he met my other best friend, Devin. Me and Devin have been friends since college and me and Eddie have been friends since elementary school. Anyways, when both of them met, they literally couldn’t stop blushing. I wasn’t until one night we went to a party, and I dared them to kiss. I was left alone that night and if anyone asked me if I regret giving them a dare, my answer would be no. I know Eddie and his past and I know Devin would never do anything like that. When Devin found out about Eddies past, he blew up and when we found out that Adam escaped from jail. He drove around the city of NYC just to find him. We didn’t see him for 6 six weeks and when he came back, Adam was found dead on the news the next day.

Anyways, after talking to Eddie for a bit. I head to my office to get some paperwork done and do some more designs on a new room in one of the orphanages. I finished my design faster than I thought I would when my assistant knocked on my office door. “It’s open” I said, putting away my papers and setting up my desk for tomorrow.

My assistant walked through the door and smiled. “Good morning, Callie” I said. Callie is also one of my best friends. We have been friends since High school. “Good morning, Minnie. You have someone who wants to do a house remodel and since the other workers are busy with other houses, I am came to you.” she says, handing me a folder and her iPad. I look through the papers and then look at the iPad that holds the notes of what the customer wants the house remodel to look like and then she hands me a rolled-up paper that has the blueprint of the house.

I nod my head and look up at her. “Okay so is there a deadline for this?” I asked. “Well, she said as soon as someone can get to it, she will be able to have her whole family to live there.” she said. “So, it’s a vacation home?” I asked. She nods.

“Okay, does she have a location for it?” I asked. She nods and points to the bottom of the file. I nod my head. “Okay. I will check it out later today and see if I can do some work today and if not then I will start Wednesday.” I said. She nods and leaves my office. After collecting my things, the file, the blueprint, and the iPad, I walk out of my office, down the elevator, and out the building, I head to the orphanage and spend some time with the head madam and her employees and to see the children. After that, I go to the location to check it out before starting any work. By the time I got there, it was 5:30 p.m. so I took a quick look around the place before heading home.

As I walk out of my kitchen with my dinner in hands, I see Eddie and Devin sitting on my couch watching my tv. “If you want food, go look for it, but you're washing your own dishes.” I said. They both groan and walk in the kitchen. I sit on the couch and start watching my favorite tv series. After we ate dinner and cleaned up, Eddie and Devin went to Eddies apartment next door while I went to bed.

***

A few hours earlier

Callie’s POV:

I park the car and sigh. I grab my things and open my door. I got out of my car and walked towards the door. The guards nod at me and open the door for me. They show me to the living room where there was a woman and two men sitting on the couch. The two men were in business suits and the woman was in a business attire just like Willow. When they hear someone walk in, they look up and the womans face lights up instantly.

“You must be Callie for the floor plans?” she questions. I nod my head with a smile. “You are Mrs. Gonzales.” I said. She smiles and nods her head. She looks at the two men and then at the guard that’s standing behind me. “You can leave Daniel.” she says, causing the Guard to nod once with a bow and leaves. “Don’t mind these two. There are my sons.” I give them a small smile and sit across Mrs. Gonzales. “Should we get started?” I asked. I take my iPad and iPad pen thingy and start working on my notes. “Okay. Do you know what kind of design your boss does?” she asked. “Well, she can do anything, but it depends on what the design is, like um... simple designs, she does those within a day and um... majestic luxury designs... that can take about a year.” I said.

“What about modern?” she asked. “Within 4 days.” I said. “Modern is the one I want.” she says. I smile and start taking my notes and go over the floor plan with her for every room. 

~~~

“Now for the kitchen. Tiles, wood, or plain concrete?” I asked. So far, we have gone through everything. The two men have stayed listened. They even put their own opinions. “Tiles. I want tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms.” she said. I nod my head. After a few more questions, I said goodbye and left.

I took the file, notes, and the blueprints to the office to give to Willow and then headed home, took a shower, ate dinner, and went to bed.