Romantic Downfall

I wonder what this is for, but clearly it’s the work of Elfii. Oh what does she want? Snowfox thought as she walked deeper into the wood. She walked under an arbor that had strands of daisies draped across, and going through the trees. The trail finally lead to a small pond that was beautifully decorated. There was a single tree standing next to the pond with flowers in it. Around the tree where three logs arranged in a perfect line, and a path lit with torches.  Alverdus stepped out from the shadow of the tree “ Hello, Lady Snowfox. Father insisted I call you that since you are of ‘Noble’ blood.  I think calling you Snowfox will be just fine.” he said.

        “Well I prefer Snowfox as well. What’s going on here?” Snowfox asked.

        “You will find out.” Alverdus said as he walked off, and plopped himself down on one of the logs. Snowfox followed, but was cut off by an unhappy Tala.

        “Yeah no. You aren’t allowed to sit down. You belong up next to that tree. Shoo shoo. You need to get going.” Tala said rudely.

        Snowfox walked up the tree, when Elfii walked out from behind it with a dress. “Here you go. Change into this.” She said while she was giggling, making a little changing room using flower magic. 

        Snowfox changed into the dress, and stepped out of the room. Standing next to the tree was Noll, dressed in his guardsman uniform. “What’s going on, and why do I have to wear this dress?” Snowfox asked.

        “I dear Snow” he said, “ I have loved you since the day we met. You are a beautiful, wise woman, and even if you have a dark past, I still love you. We all have something dark inside of us. You have just been strong enough to share that.”

        “Yes. I have and I admire you too.”

        “Will you do the honor of becoming my lifelong partner? We could protect each other and Alverdus and Elfii. We could live a long and prosperous life in these woods. Would you do me the honors and accept me?”

        “I-I am not sure why you would want me to be your partner. I mean you have children of your own. How could you want to marry another when you have married before?”

        “I just want to know if you will love me or not.”

        “I do love you. Getting to know you in that prison, and the kindness you had shown me was one of the greatest times of my life.”

        They walked from behind the tree to where the logs were sitting, and everyone was sitting there, quietly waiting for them to come out.  Elfii had a grin so big that even a giant could see it from fifty feet in the air, while Alverdus show no expression. Tala and Shadowmoon both smirked and Onvyr nearly had tears in his eyes. They were about to kiss when an arrow flew through the forest.

        The arrow flew straight towards Snowfox, but was intercepted by Tala. It hit her right in the chest, piercing her lungs. She was coughing up blood when she said “ Looks like I won’t get to kill you after all, hehe. Didn’t think I was gonna die this way, but I guess the devils had something else planned.” Onvyr came running up next to Tala who was being held by Snowfox.

        “TALA NOOOOO!!!! Don’t die please, don’t. Stay with me Tala!” Onvyr pleaded as he tried reviving her, but to no avail, “Please stay with me!”

        “On...vyr. Don’t...worry, I will stay with you forever.” With her last bit of breath and strength, she kissed him on the cheek and went limp.

        “No, please.” Onvyr said in a whisper.

        A man came walking out of the forest with bow drawn, but this was no ordinary man.

        “Oh what a shame, that arrow was meant for you, Snowfox. Not your little werewolf friend. I will kill you last, and then kill all of your other friends in a more painful manner.” the man said. 

        “Captain Acer. You evil bastard, why are you doing this! Why did you have to kill my friends!” Snowfox screamed.

        “Children get out of here, NOW. Unless you want to die a painful death.” Noll yelled. Elfii and Alverdus didn’t budge. They were not leaving until this was over.

“Oh what stubborn children. I would expect nothing less from a traitor like yourself, Noll.” Acer said.

“I will kill you. I won’t hold back, may the devils torture you in the Fields of Punishment!”  Snowfox cursed.

Snowfox pulled out a knife she was hiding in her boot and threw it straight at Captain Acer, but she missed her mark and hit his shoulder. Acer kept advancing, and pulled out a sword. Noll tossed Snowfox his sword that was attached to the belt of his uniform, and she caught it. She ripped her dress off, and revealed scars and tattoos from when her father was still alive. She fought in only boots and a tunic she had underneath her dress. Onvyr couldn’t do much because he was grieving the loss of Tala, and Alverdus was trying to make Elfii hide. 

“I am not going to lose to you again. You will be cut to pieces, and what you see before you is only the beginning of the wrath I can give you.” Snowfox said fiercely.

“Only you would try to oppose me. I am not scared of you. You are just a piece of garbage, left on the streets. Actually that would be offensive to garbage, you are worse than that. You are like the dung of a horse. Nobody wants you, so just simply submit to me and all of your ‘friends’ can leave without dying. All except the one that save you.”

With a battlecry, Snowfox lept in the air, doing a somersault, and landed on top of Captain Acer, sword lodged in his chest. A crimson color spilled from the wound and covered Snowfox’s legs.

“May the devils enjoy your time.” She said as she spat at his lifeless body.

A bloody Snowfox walked over to where Tala lay. She chanted a releasing spell, and left.

I hope you make it to the gods my friend.  Snowfox thought.

Alverdus and Elfii stood together in shock. Elfii had tears streaming from her eyes.

“May this be a lesson to you two. Every life is precious, so don’t waste it protecting yourself. Protect the ones you care about. I understand that this is the first death you have ever seen. It’s startles you when you see someone you cared about lying on the ground limp and lifeless. Don’t let that stop you from seeing what’s truly important.” Snowfox said.

She walked over to Noll, who sat against the tree. Snowfox sat down next to him and asked

        “What’s wrong?”

        “You’re hurt. I couldn’t protect you, and now one of your comrades is dead.”

“Do not blame yourself. You are an archer, not a swordsman. There wasn’t much you could do to help.” Snowfox said as she was trying to comfort  Noll. He looked up at her and started to tear up. She just hugged him, she knew he hadn’t been through this much danger before, nor had he ever seen a comrade fall trying to protect someone. Snowfox knew this pain all too well.

“We need to get moving. Acer’s reinforcements will be coming soon. Let’s move Tala’s body deeper into the woods.” Snowfox ordered.

They ventured deeper into the woods, and slaughtering whatever else was in their way. They became killers, ravenous and cold-hearted.

When they came into a clearing, they buried Tala’s body. Though the hole was not very deep, they tried their best to make it look like no one was there.