Incarceration

“Snow, No you can’t do this. You will get killed. You know what the consequences are! Don’t do this!” Onvyr pleaded.

        “I have to. It’s the only way you three will be able to escape. I’m sorry, but I have to pay for my crimes. I will break free, you know I am capable of escape.”

        Don’t go, please. I don’t want you to leave. I won’t ever get to kill you if you are already dead, mother.

        I know, Shadow, but I have to do this. I’m sorry darling.

        “Don’t do anything stupid, elf. Otherwise I won’t get to show you my true power.” Tala said.

        Snowfox smiled as she got up and walked to the guard. “Who goes there?” a man said

        “It is I, Snowfox Delimbiyra. The one who assassinated the High King.” Snowfox said.

        “Well, then looks like you have to come with me. It’s time for your punishment.” the guard said with an evil grin on his face.

        Please be careful. Mother. Shadowmoon pleaded.

        I will.

        As Snowfox was dragged away, Tala let out a silent howl. The guard looked over in the direction that Onvyr, Shadowmoon, and Tala were hiding. “Is anyone else there? I’ll have you arrested if you don’t show yourself.”

        No one spoke.        

        “Come out NOW!”

        Shadowmoon lept from the darkness, and blew fire at the guard. He let out a scream and dropped Snowfox on the ground. Everyone ran as fast as they could. They ran straight into the thickest part of the dark forest.

“Let me cast a spell to prevent us from being seen. Dragon fog and chameleon sight I command the shrouded sea I bend the mist, I mix the light Refract around behind me. Chameleon!” Onvyr spoke in tongues

        Everyone slowly started to vanish, or blend in with their surroundings. “Now let us venture in to the woods.” Onvyr said quietly, wary of the guard tower they’d still yet to evade.

        As they ran deeper and deeper into the woods, they had to be more cautious. Shadowmoon kept activating tripwires and Tala kept attack bushes. “Be quiet or else we will get caught!” Snowfox whispered.

        “I’m afraid that it’s too late for that. You have already been caught.” someone said from behind them, “ Drop your weapons and walk towards me slowly. You four are under arrest for aiding a fugitive and assassination of the high king.”

“Woah, woah, woah! Who do you think you are trying to arrest me? I didn’t kill the king and neither did Onvyr. Who’s the murderer among us?” Tala said accusingly

“Well, you were not in the room when I told Onvyr, but I was the one who committed the crime, and now we must all bear my crimes. I’m sorry for never telling you Tala.”

“I’m really gonna kill you now! You committed a murder and never cared to tell your traveling companions!” Tala yelled as she started to transform

“Rest!” Onvyr yelled at Tala as he casted a sleeping spell.

The guard shackled the prisoners and muzzled the dragon, and called down an archer to drag Tala’s motionless body to the guard tower.  “Come with me. If you try to escape the archers in the trees will shoot you down before you even lay a hand on me.” he said to the prisoners.

When they reached the guard tower, Shadowmoon was locked into a cage and the others were put into separate cells. “That elf will think twice before she murders another person when I’m done with her.” the guard told the archer with an evil laugh

“Captain Acer. Whatever you plan on doing to those women please don’t. That would ruin your image.”

“I don’t give a crap what you want me to not do. I’m in charge here, so you can’t do anything about it. Or do you want something to happen to your family,  Noll.” the captain said

“No Sir. I wasn’t questioning your comm--

“Then Shut-up or I will decapitate you!”

Captain Acer waltzed right over to Snowfox, grabbed her by the wrist, and and drug her into a separate room. “What do you plan to do to me, scum?” She said disapprovingly

“Well, you have a lovely body, and I plan to do with it what I want, and you can’t stop me. You are the prisoner here not me.” Acer said with a disgusting smile as he ripped the buttons off of her coat, “But first we have to remove those dreadful clothes.”

He almost succeeded in getting her shirt off when she tried to kick him in the groin. “Do not try to do that or you will get hurt!”

Acer slapped Snowfox across the face “You can’t do that, and you are shackled to the wall!”

Snowfox closed her eyes and pictured when she and shadowmoon first met.

        Think happy thoughts and he won’t get to you. No! Snow you are NOT a weakling and you cannot submit to this man. You are stronger than this you can fight it. Fight Him! Snowfox thought.

        “Let’s see what you will do when I do this” Captain Acer said as he was about to grab her breasts, but was stopped by an painful scream. That scream didn’t come from Snowfox’s mouth, for her mouth was latched onto Captain Acer’s hand with blood streaming down the corners of her mouth. Noll ran into the room, and his mouth dropped, “Sir should I get the elf off of you?”

        “No, because I enjoy the pain! OF COURSE YOU IDIOT!!!! GET HER OFF OF ME!”  Acer yelled.

        “Right away sir.”

        As Snowfox was pried off of the wounded captain and released from her shackles. “That damn witch get her out of my sight!”

        “Yes, sir.”

        Snowfox was taken from the captains quarters and put back into her cell. “I am truly sorry for the captain’s behavior Miss. Here take my coat until I can find you some clothes.” Noll told Snowfox. 

        Thank you my name is Snowfox. What might your name be? I know you’re an elf, so why do you insist on working for that biir.

        My name is Noll Aelfgar. Expert archer and mage novice. I know you killed the king, and I must say, thanks. He was a dreadful man and I couldn’t have killed him. You are a strong woman. Do you have a family? I know it’s a rather random question to ask.

        Nice to meet you Noll, and thank you for coming in to get me away from that man, and No I don’t have family. They all were killed by the king and his army, and you. Do you have a family.

        That I do. I have a daughter and a son. They are twins. My spouse died when she gave birth to the children. They have grown up to be quite intelligent. I try to keep them away from the military. Alverdus wants to become a blacksmith, and my precious Elfii loves flowers and nature.

        I’m Glad for you, but you probably want to get back to your duties, or else your captain would start to wonder.

        Very well. I will be back tonight with your fresh clothes.

        *****

        Over the course of a month, Snowfox kept receiving kindness from Noll and was constantly looked at by his captain. “Please treat my friends the way you have treated myself.” Snowfox told Noll.

        “I will. A friend of you is a friend for me.” he said back to her.

        Every evening Noll would sneak Snowfox a bit of his dessert when he brought in her and her friends food. Everyone greatly enjoyed Noll’s presence, but they could tell he liked Snowfox more. Just as easily that they could tell Snowfox liked Noll, and that’s when it happened.