𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮
The day before the boys found out Lori was moving to austin

Lori and chris were at her place just talking about different things and listening to music. At one point the song 'i know you' by faye webster came on.

"Ow I love this song." She said and sang along with enthusiasm, as if she was in another world. Chris just watched her and in such moments he realized how much he loved her.

When the song ended, she looked at him.
"What?" she asked, because he was grinning broadly.
"Nothing, I just love you." He said and made her smile. "Naw. You are so sweet."

He went to the CD player and rewound the song. "Sing for me again" he said and walked over to her.

"I think I want to play this song at our wedding," she said and put her arms around him, which he replied. "But only if you sing along like you did just now." He said and kissed her.

I lay in my bed listening to Chris's CD while drawing. I was drawing him again, I don't know why but he was kind of like a muse to me.

I was ready for later because I was invited to the boys.
There were songs like save your tears by the weeknd or 18 by one direction, the songs he knew I loved.

There were 52 songs on the CD and when the last song started playing I froze like ice. 'i know you' by faye webster.

Without meaning to, tears welled up in my eyes and I put my pens away and curled up in my bed. It hurt so much to know that he was now talking to someone else about their wedding and that our wedding would never happen even though we were children and we were never engaged.

I looked at my nightstand where the picture I had put in the bottom drawer when I moved in was again. I don't know why, I had just taken it out again, just like the ring he had given me back then.

I don't know how long I was lying there but when I looked at my cell phone it was 4:30p.m. which meant that I should go to the boys soon because we were meeting at 5.

So I looked in the mirror and dried my face which was wet from the tears. My eyes were very red but I just hoped that it would get better when I walked to the boys. I said goodbye to scooby and my Dad and then left.

As I was about to ring the doorbell, the door opened. Mary-lou was standing there with her bag, it looked like she was leaving. When she saw me she smiled but it disappeared again.

"Oh Loureline dear." She said and touched my chin for a moment. I must have looked really exhausted. I put on a smile to cover my pain. How could she always see how I was, she must have magical powers.

"He'll notice, believe me." She said and I shook my head.
"What if he doesn't?" I asked.
"What belongs together will come together again. No matter how many tries or how long it takes."

I pressed my lips together and nodded. "I have to go now, the boys are waiting for you in Matt's room, bye sweetie." She said and she went out and I went in. "Thanks, bye." I said.

Before knocking I put on a smile and went into Matt's room. The boys all looked at me, they were spread around the room. "What happened to you, you look like you've been smoking dope." Said chris.

I was annoyed that I was in such a bad way that you could see it in my appearance. I laughed.
"I know, I'm allergic to something and my eyes have been itching so bad for days." I lied. I wanted to end the topic, so I just changed it. "So what are we doing today?"

"Matt bought the new just dance and we wanted to try it out." Said Nick, I smiled, I loved playing this dance game with the boys.

"Yeah, but I can't stay that long, I'm meeting Jess later." Says Chris, spoiling my good mood. Did he really have to show me that he was dating someone else? Was that really necessary?

"Ah okay cool, what are you doing?" I didn't really want to know but I had to act like a good friend.

"I'm going to her place, she wants me to meet her family." He said and my heart broke into a thousand pieces. They were already so far that she wants to introduce him to her family? She hadn't been dating him that long.
"Oh, wow, that's great," I said, masking the fact that I was deeply hurt.

"Let's get started" said matt and put the game on. We started and it was so much fun that I almost forgot that Chris was leaving later.

Nick won, second place was me, Chris third and Matt lost.

"Okay, that was fun, but I have to go now." Said chris and looked around.
"Have fun with her family bro." Said matt to tease him.
"Yeah, me too, it's going to be great." Said nick ironically.

"I'm off, see you later, bye Eline." He said and left the room. I was fighting with myself. I should let him go, let him be happy, but I couldn't, I loved him too much.

"Go after him." Nick said and I looked at him. "What?"
"You heard him Lori, go after him and stop him." Said matt.
"We are friends, you don't stop to meet the family of your new partner."
"Lori, if you let him go without telling him you remember, you will lose him more and more to her." Nick said.

Nick was right, I had to say something or I would lose him, completely. So I ran after Chris down the stairs and before he could open the front door I caught him, not knowing what I was going to say.

His Pov

I heard someone behind me and turned around, there she was, Loureline. Her eyes were still red from her 'allergy' as she claimed. Her hair was disheveled from dancing and her eye rings were darker than usual. But despite all that, she still looked beautiful.

"What happened?" I asked.
"Don't go." She said quickly and she confused me. Somehow I had heard the words but I didn't know what they meant.

"What?" I asked.
"Don't go Chris, stay here, cancel her." She said.

I shook my head. I didn't understand, she wanted to be friends, so why did she ask me to cancel Jessica?

"Why?" I asked.
"Just do it." She said and that pissed me off.
"No, I don't get it. You can't just ask me to stay without telling me why." I said. "Chris-"

"No, Loureline. Explain it to me or I'll leave." I said. She took a deep breath and her eyes filled with water.

"I remember." She said and drew my eyebrows together.
"What?"
"I remember the night after Linsey's party." She said and I didn't know what to do. She remembered?
"I remember the kiss in your room." She added.

Somehow it was a relief that she remembered and that now I didn't have to act as if nothing had happened. But somehow I got angry.

"And just because you remembered all of a sudden, I should go and end the thing with Jess or what?"

She looked at me silently. Then she shook her head. I was so angry and wanted to leave, so I opened the door. But she kept talking.

"I don't remember suddenly. It was months ago, that's why I broke up with Jeremy, that's why I left him. Because I realized that I still love you, Chris. And I wanted to tell you. I came straight here to talk to you but you weren't there, you were with her." I looked at her.

Her tears were running down her beautiful face.
"You still love me?" I asked. Her words triggered something in me. I didn't know what to do.
"Yes, how could I not?"

I didn't know what to think. I liked Jessica, but Eline had always been different. And I still loved her, in a way I couldn't explain.

But I wasn't a cheater, I had to clear this up with Jessica. "I have to go." I said and left. I had to think, she had to give me time.