𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮
2 ½ years ago

It was Loureline's birthday and she was sitting at the dinner table with her family and friends, unwrapping her gifts. She had received a lot of material for drawing from her parents. Amber gave her make up and skincare stuff, from matt she got a gift shop gift certificate and the picture with her and the boys and from nick she got the curling iron she wanted.

Chris did not want to give her her gift in front of everyone which is why he took her alone to her room in the evening. He gave her a ring, they had been together in the city and had seen this ring and Lori found it beautiful.

It was silver and had a big glittering stone and around the big one were many other small stones.

When she opened the box with the ring, her eyes sparkled.
"Chris..." she wanted to tell him that he was crazy to spend so much money on a gift but interrupted her.

"I know what you're going to say, please don't."
She laughed.
"You are crazy."
"Yes, crazy in love with you."
"You're corny," she said.

"That ring looks like an engagement ring. If that was a proposal, I say no." She joked. He grinned.
"Think of it as a promise that I'll marry you someday." He said and she couldn't stop smileling.

"Loureline, I love you." He said and they looked deep into each other's eyes.
"I love you so much more." He shook his head. She would never love him more than he loved her.

I don't know how, but suddenly it was Friday and I wasn't happy at all. Amber came to me before the game to help me choose my clothes.

"You sure you want to go on this date?"
"No, I'm not, but I'm going out of respect for Zain."
"He doesn't deserve respect Lori, cancel him."
I just sighed.
"You're doing this for Chris anyway," Amber said before I turned to her.

"I'm not." Then she looked at me with that 'shut up' look and I confessed. "I do, fuck."
"See, just don't do it," she said,
"No, I'm going on this date, just this one date to show him that I'm ready to date other guys and I don't have feelings for him anymore." She rolled her eyes.

"I just can't find anything to wear," I complained and she came over to me and rummaged through my closet. "Let me do it, I'm a professional at it."

"What's going on with you and Matt?" I asked. "What's supposed to be there?"
"You spend almost every day together and I see the way you look at each other." I said.
"I don't know, somehow I don't think he likes me as much."
"Are you blind? He's had a crush on you for years. I can't believe that while I was away you didn't get together."
"That's because I had a thing with Nate in the meantime." She confessed.

"You had a thing with one of his best friends?" I yelled.
"Yeah, I don't know, I guess it kind of ruined everything."
"Oh my god, Amber. That's awful."
"I know. How about this one." She said, pulling out a strapless light blue dress.

"No way. Then everyone will think I'm a whore." I said.
"Come on, all the guys would turn around. Try it on anyway." She said and threw it in my face.
I put it on.

It went up to my knees and it was skin tight. When I looked in the mirror, my eyes welled up. "I can't go to a lacrosse game in this, I'm way too over-dressed."
"Put on a jacket and no one will see it anyway. And for the mission to make Chris jealous it's perfect, you look beautiful." She said.

After a long discussion I agreed that I would wear the dress that night.
"Let me pick out some jewelry to go with it." She said and went to my jewelry box. She brought me a necklace with a butterfly pendant.