Chapter 27

The day had slowly come to an end and I'm still thinking about what to do. Tomorrow I have to get up because we have a game. The boys are coming which again I am nervous for now because I have feelings about Luca.

Next morning at 9 am

I woke up and turned off my alarm. I lay there staring at the ceiling until Stella says," Dude quit thinking about him and stop worrying about the game show him what you got."

I groan," But what-"

"nope we are not doing this today now get your ass out of bed and put some clothes on," she says getting dressed

I hopped out of bed and grabbed a protein coffee from my mini fridge. I took a few sips before walking to my closet and putting our warm-up gear on.

 We didn't have to dress up today due to us having to get there a lot earlier than we normally would due to a meeting. Within 10 minutes we head out the door. Stella is driving today.

We get to the rink and head upstairs to the locker room. We walked in and a few of the girls said hi. I put all my drinks and gear down in my locker. I am still hungry so I decided to head to the lounge and see what they have put out.

Today it was eggs and a breakfast burrito. I sat down with my plate and grabbed my phone. I was scrolling through TikTok while eating when I got a notification.

Luca texted me to say," Good luck today and the boys are going to get there 45 minutes early so we could say hi!"

I melt. I am glad the boys I now consider brothers and Luca are coming. I think my parents are coming but they haven't confirmed. I miss them but I also miss Jack and Quinn.

1 hour goes by and it's time to head out to warm-ups. The boys ended up not getting there when they said because Ethan didn't put gas in his car. Again I did my tradition by being the first and last on the ice. Luckily the other girls were understanding and didn't have the same tradition.

 I walk down the stairs from the locker room ( if you know you know ). Before I open the door I can hear the crowd roaring. I take a deep breath and then feel a hand on my shoulder. " show them what you got," Stella whispers. I know exactly what she means.

Once we had really deep conversations late a night, and told her what had been going on with some haters. Ever since I committed to umich comments and posts started to say that I wasn't good enough or again my brothers are why I'm a player here. There is always something with the media and decided not to tell my family cause they have been through this one too many times.

I reached and grabbed her hand, which was still on my shoulder, and gave it a light squeeze. I opened the door and ran down the tunnel onto the ice. Come on I have to make a big entrance. The second fans saw me running down the tunnel they started to cheer louder than ever.

I am honestly surprised I didn't hear a boo from at least a few people. Stella and the girls left me to have a solo lap on our side of the blue line. I'm not the only freshman so idk why. I look around while taking my lap trying to find the boys. 

They said that they were going to be across the bench. They have signs and are waving like crazy. Lord help them I love them I do but they need help. By this time all the other girls have joined me on the ice.

I grab a puck to do stick work tracing the logos ( if you know you know). I normally zone out while doing this. This is the time I get focused on the game. I go through plays and scenarios I could be faced with.

The announcer then goes on the mic and says, "Ladies and Gentlemen tonight we have some special guest here to support one of our players. Everyone gives up for Jack and Quinn Hughes companied by Ellen and Jim Hughes!"