chapter 3

Fast forward a couple of days. It's now Wednesday!

      Bailey went home Sunday afternoon. She had to watch her little brother Brodie because her parents had a date night planned. The past couple of days has been chill. I have been just chilling out. The only thing active that I have done is workout at least an hour a day and then went to practice yesterday morning. 

     My brothers have mostly been at training, but when they are home, they either bring some of the boys here, or they stop by to take a shower and then leave again. Today I rolled out of bed and decided to go for a jog around the neighborhood to clear my head. I have been thinking about the world's junior finals and championships. 

     I walked to my closet and picked out a white sports bra, black leggings, and a thin USA hockey poll over ( it was Quinns, but he doesn't know I have it). The boys went to training again this morning.

     I head over to my bathroom and put my hair into a high ponytail. I didn't put makeup on because I knew I would sweat it off, so I put on some moisturizer with some light sunscreen.

     I grabbed my tennis shoes, portable charger, white wireless Beats, and phone. I ran downs stairs to make water. I quickly cut up some strawberries and ate them, so I had something in my stomach. I promptly tried to find my mom and dad to tell them where I was.

" bye, yall. I am going for a run around the neighborhood. Call me if you need me," I said as I walked over to my parents in the office. 

I kissed them both on the cheek then I walked out of the room.

" be safe!" I heard exiting the room.

     And just like that, I was out the front door. I shuffled my workout songs. It was chilly out, so thank god I wore the pullover. I had been running for 45 mins or so when I did my first lap around the neighborhood. I decided to do another lap.

     In the middle of my last lap, I got a call from Quinn. I stopped and sat down in the grass, using this as my quick break. I picked up the phone:

"Wassup Quinny?"

"Hey, I wanted to see where you are. The boys and I just got back from training. We wanted to see if you would like to hang out with us today since we haven't been around much this week." he says.

" yea, sure. I am just about done with my quick run around the neighborhood. I will be home in like 10 mins or so."

"Okay. You okay? we all know that you go on runs this early to clear your head." 

" yea, I was just thinking about finals."

"Okay "

"Hey, Quinn?" 

"yea?"

" When you say you and boys are home, does that mean you, dukes, and rowdy? or is it you guys and some of the team?" I was hoping it was just my brothers. It's not like I don't love the team, but they are all hyper, and I wasn't in the mood to deal with all of them.

"Well, it's me, Luke, Jack, Trevor, and Cole. Is that all right? I won't bring most of the guys without telling yea." he says on the other line. 

" Hey, Bella!!!!" I can hear Trevor and Cole in the background

" Yea, it's fine. Hey, boys," I say, smiling while sitting up and wiping my butt, ensuring there was no grass.

"all right, I will see ya when you get home. Be safe! love you" 

"Love ya too, huggy bear," I say, giggling. He doesn't love the nickname very much.

I hang up and continue to jog home as I reach the driveway. I walk through the front door to see all the guys on the couch playing CHL.