79. Daze

Previously...

Jiang cheng was not able to reply as he was dragged into the room by the Lan's sweet words.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng sat on the purple sheets while the Lan sat on the floor. Jiang cheng's lips were tightly pressed together as he tried to make no sound. Lan xichen's fingers traced up his legs, slowly lifting the pant above his knees. 

Lan xichen's chest pained looking at the ugly bruise which was still slightly open. Jiang cheng wanted to leave the room but somehow the gentle hold was even stronger than 10 pillars together. 

He looked at the Lan who gently rubbed the blood off with a wet cloth. He watched the water drip down his forehead and fall on his own feet. Jiang cheng subconsciously wiped the Jade's forehead with his sleeves. Lan xichen looked up not expecting such a gesture. 

Jiang cheng's hand still remained on his head while the other bandaged his wound. Jiang cheng looked at the pale fingers which softly rubbed his bandaged wound. He reached out to hold it, stopping the soothing caress.

"You might catch a cold, you should change soon." The Lan smiled, the hand under the Jiang's legs lifted it up. He caressed the snow feet and brought it close to his mouth. "Are you worried about me Wanyin?"

Jiang cheng felt his stomach churn as a bright layer of vermilion landed on his face. He cleared his voice and retracted his hand towards his chest. "You are a guest here, I ought to be concerned."

Jiang cheng felt a soft wetness against his feet. His widened eyes immediately darted to the Lan's, "What are you doing?"

His question went unanswered as the Lan forward, grazing over his skin. Jiang cheng's breathing shook as the Lan sat in between his thighs. Jiang cheng raised his hand to push his away but somehow all the strength left his body the moment his hand was caught.

Xichen kissed the ribbon around his wrist and stood up leaning forward. Jiang cheng slowly fell back on the soft mattress with the Lan above him. He felt himself lose all control and stay still like a doll. His eyes darted around the room as the Lan leaned closer. His eyes slowly came to a close.

He gasped loudly as the Lan wrapped his arm around his waist and brought him up in one move. His eyes stared at the Lan as he tried to hide his embarrassment. What was he expecting?

The Lan bent down to his ear and softly whispered, "Since Wanyin is worried about me, I'll follow his words and change my clothes."

Jiang cheng looked down flustered, "F-fine, then let me g-go." The Lan immediately let is hold loose and instead wrapped it around his waist. With both hands wrapped around him, Jiang cheng felt like he was trapped in a cage. 

He tried to push the Lan away, but Xichen leaned against his shoulders, "But I don't have any other clothes with me."

Jiang cheng leaned back, as far as the hands allowed and continued, "I can only provide you with Jiang clan robes."

"Then may sect leader Jiang allow me to borrow them."

Jiang cheng pushed against his chest as the Lan kept leaning closer. But this time he was easily able to escape his hold. He walked out in a rush with reddened face.  

Jiang cheng ordered a maid to give the Lan a set of robes from his wardrobe and left to the study. He tried his best to forget everything, but he could still feel the Jaded arms tightly around him.

When he opened the door to the study, he saw Black Lotus almost close to falling asleep. He cleared his voice, popping the sleeping bubble forming around the other.

"Sect leader Jiang, had a month passed by already?" Jiang cheng snorted at his sarcasm and sat down. "That egg, why did you bring it?"

The man smiled, "I have found the antidote for the poison." Jiang cheng at first did not understand what poison he was referring to but then he realized he is still poisoned. He sighed, completely tired. "Are you not pleased sect leader?" He asked taken back with the reaction.

Jiang cheng shook his head, "I am, very well pleased. So where is this antidote?"

"It's in the monster's den. And to go there we will need the egg." Jiang cheng narrowed his eyes, "What do you mean?"

"According to what I found out, the Jiahao people create an array to summon the monster far away and steal the eggs on the night of full moon when the demon roams around to hunt for flesh. The eggs do not need anything else other than the aroma of the cursed plant which only grows near the monster."

Jiang cheng nodded, "Then why did you not take it from them directly, did they not have any for the eggs?" The man scratched his nape, "We actually need the blood of the monster and the plant together. I heard that the clan leader got poisoned as well. They plan to hunt for it this full moon."

Jiang cheng rubbed his chin, "Then let's catch it before they do." The man nodded, "If we were to delay, then we have to wait till they summon it again and we don't know when the poison will act up."

The two talked for a while about everything that happened, the man finally bid his farewell and went off. Jiang cheng rubbed his temples, "How is this man everywhere." He suddenly heard a voice, "That's why I'm your best spy sect leader." Jiang cheng's eyes narrowed as he mumbled 'fuck off.'

Jiang cheng continued with his sect duties, completely forgetting about the young master who ran away in a hurry.

After a few hours, Jiang cheng went to the dining hall to see the Lan waiting for him in Yunmeng clothes. Somehow the Lan looked better than him. He sat down, looking at the Lan. 

The two ate with a weird tension in between them. Jiang cheng walked around the Pier with the Lan. Their shoulders bumped multiple times, but neither moved away. Though Jiang cheng did try to move father, but the Lan would always come closer. They finally reached the guest room and Jiang cheng was about to leave after saying a 'goodnight', but Xichen had different plans. 

Jiang cheng opened his mouth but the Lan immediately held his chin. "I'm sorry for getting your hopes up Wanyin." Jiang cheng stood confused. He did not remember being disappointed, but he did not have the time to ask as the Lan immediately covered his lips with his own.

Jiang cheng tried to struggle free but he slowly melted into the kiss. His hands roamed up the Lan's arm and finally nested around his neck as he felt a very familiar arm snake around the small of his waist. Jiang cheng did not think of anything, he simply followed the flow of water and handed himself to the deep sea. Moving at its mercy. His limps weak and helpless, leaned towards the water to decide their fate. 

The two stood against the wooden fence. Lan xichen's tongue wandered into Jiang cheng's mouth, slowly savoring everything. The cool breeze sent shivers down his spine as he hugged the Lan even closer. He felt tranquil. Lan xichen stared at the man below him. 

The two finally stopped when Jiang cheng tapped his shoulders unable to breath. Jiang cheng stared in a daze, his face flushed and lost. His lips were open and slightly swollen. Xichen wiped his thumb against the plump lips and licked his finger. "It's late, we should go to bed soon Wanyin." He whispered against his ears.

Lan xichen waited for a reply but Jiang cheng was still stuck in a daze so, he lifted the other over his shoulder and walked into his room. Jiang cheng finally came back from his daze and panicked a little. But the Lan gently laid him on the bed and sat next to him. 

"Good night Wanyin."

Jiang cheng closed his eyes unwillingly. The tiredness made his eyes close and lean more towards the warmth. He thought, 'I must be drunk right now' and fell asleep. Xichen smiled as soft snores left his lips and wrapped a hand around him before closing his eyes.