27. Returned

Previously...

He was quite relieved that this leaf though was not from this realm, had the same feature of a normal leaf. After cutting the leaf, he started removing all the layers wrapped around it.

Third Person POV

Hui zhong, "Isn't this... that Talisman?" He kept it in his sleeves and continued searching elsewhere. After some time, he returned back. The guards upon his arrival immediately reported Sect leader Jiang's return. 

He went to his private chambers and knocked on the door twice. The door opened with great force making a 'dang' sound as it hit the wall. Jiang cheng stood in front of him with a very pale face. He was just stuck in a daze when Jiang cheng shouted, "Hui Zhong!" He immediately replied by bowing. The letter in his sleeves came to his memory which he soon took out and presented to him.

The door shut inn his face giving him no time to explain the situation. He sighed and retreated to his quatres.

Jiang cheng on the other hand had a vein popping on his forehead. He ignored the crude comments coming from him and took a seat and opened the letter on the table. The man dressed in white turned into a snake and curled around his arm. He was about to beat that arm on the table when the snake retreated back on the floor in front of him. 

He took a look at the cover and understood it is from Gusu. Before he could unfold the letter, a deep cold voice echoed through the room. "I can tell you what happened right here, even clearer than that letter." Jiang cheng finally kept the letter on the table with a loud thud. "What do you want!" The man simply smiled and turned into a snake and curled himself to slumber.

.

The area was filled with black smoke all around. Jiang cheng finally opened his eyes to see a tall man standing in front of him. He was about to call him out but the three bowed down, "Master, you have finally returned! This disciple is unworthy of your grace." The other two praised him before he turned around to face the purple robed man.

"Whipping me with a spiritual weapon like that is only going to harm you, not me." His eyes were sharp, making him shiver under the cold gaze. As the man took a step forward, jiang cheng moved back. Since he was sitting down, the man looked taller than he was. 

Jiang felt like he was being cornered so he stood up, but even still he couldn't meet his eyes straight on. The man took another step forward and as a response Jiang cheng was about to step back but his senses came back. 'Why the f**k am I stepping back!' Thinking so he took a step forward as well which took the other by surprise.

"Sect leader Jiang~ Honored to meet you." With each word spelled out to him, Jiang cheng narrowed his eyes, "How do you know me?" The other chuckled lightly but it did not fail from making every hair on the sect leader's body stand up.

"How can I not know; you became my host after all." Jiang cheng's brows furrowed as the lightning in his palms unleashed. The three underlings gasped loudly, demanding him to not use it on their master but the man simple smiled. "Go on, do it. I gain power from pain."

Jiang cheng violently whipped zidian on the man who did not dodge or even slightly move by the huge impact. But Jiang cheng did. He spat blood the moment zidian whipped the man. He wiped his mouth and looked at the man in confusion.

Jiang cheng was about to do it again but he heard movements from the bush. The man took a hold of him and hugged him. When he blinked open his eyes, they were in his room. Jiang cheng pushed him away, though it did nothing the man slowly removed his hands from the other's waist.

Jiang cheng, "Who are you?" The man sat down, inspecting his long tails which were darkened at the ends. "When the time is right, the truth unfolds." Jiang cheng  took a deep breath in and sat in front of him. "I am going to remove you from the world of existence, in all forms." Jiang cheng meant the heaven and hell but the man crawled forward, "Even this." With a burst of dark smoke in front of his face, jiang cheng coughed. When he was done, he felt a white snake with golden pattern on its head, curled on his lap.

Jiang cheng's first instinct was to push it off of him, so he did not hesitate to push it off but the adamant snake curled around his arm and slid all over his arm. The unlucky left arm which now had the snake all curled up was about to shake it off, but the snake went further up around his neck.

With both his arm and neck captured by the snake, Jiang cheng glared at it. The snake elegantly stared back at him. Even in a snake form in held its head high and stared down at him.  Its tongue extended towards Jiang cheng's eye with a "hiss" sound. Jiang cheng couldn't use his other hand to remove it as it was the only thing holding him up.

Jiang cheng, "Get off!" The words coldly spilled out of his mouth as the snake slid off. But it was soon replaced by the human form. Jiang cheng's face was tightly held with the dark claws which feather touched his lips. 

Jiang cheng's zidian was about to wrap around his neck and choke him but a knock interrupted his attempt. He then realized he could use his legs and hit the man straight up and unlike the other times, the man froze on spot. Jiang cheng smirked and opened the door annoyed that his murder attempt was disturbed.

.

Jiang cheng really wanted to scream his heart out but he couldn't. He gritted his teeth and put a really thick rug over the snake. He couldn't believe he now has a demon in his room. A LIVING DEMON. He really wanted to kill it but he knew it will only strike back at him. He sat down and unfolded the letter but rather than the word a thought entered his mind.

 He was going to die either way. He still hasn't figured out the curse on him nor is he going to. Once everything is cleared, he himself will sleep till he reaches enteral slumber. With that thought he started reading the letter. 

Just as he expected, Jinling was cursed, and he was requested to meet them the next day. He sighed. "Good thing I got it before it did something to him." He slowly closed his eyes as darkness filled his vision.