15. The unspoken History

Previously...

Jiang cheng, "Whatever, did you receive any letter from Gusu?" He looked at me and the moment we made eye contact he looked down, "I... we... there was a problem with the messenger... so the l-letter might n-not ha-ve...reached t-there." I slammed my hand on the table, and he jumped in his seat. "What?"

Jiang cheng POV

Jiang cheng, "Then how will they know that I'm not there!" He looked really petrified, well good for him. "I...um...could g-o and see...If you like that idea." I sighed; I can't send him there. He needs to be here, maybe I can finish this as fast as possible and go there myself. I started packing all the scrolls and gave them to him.

I stood up and went towards the bed where my sword was, and I fastened it around my waist and walked to the door. "Where are you going, sect leader." I glared and him and he visibly swallowed before following me. We were walking down the stairs and Pei Zhen looked at us from the end. He had more scrolls in his hand. He bowed and stepped back making way for us. Once I reach the end, he handed the scrolls to Hui zhong.

Pei Zhen, "Sect leader Jiang, I was about to come to you, what a coincidence." I don't have time for this. "I have already corrected all the problems in the file you gave me, let's have a look at the shipping." He bowed again and smiled. "Of course, please this way."

We walked out with all my disciples following me. We reached the dock where large ships were floating. A lot of workers were lifting boxes and placing them. We further walked to a room which I assume is the storage room.

Pei zhen, "Apart from the slight problem with the counting, some of the silk that was transported came back without reaching its destination. We couldn't figure the root cause of this issue. And this only happened to the ships going east." Interesting, maybe there is a water ghoul blocking the path. But it definitely wouldn't redirect the path.

Hui zhong, "Is there a disturbance within the sea waves? or maybe a new tide had formed." If that happened, then all the other ships would have returned as well. But only our goods returned. Unless it did actually reach, but why would they return it. I went towards a box which was placed in the front.

I opened it and took a few fabrics out. It has the same quality as before; the thread is still strong as it was and there is nothing wrong with it. I pulled out a cloth from the bottom, but it was no different from the rest. How weird. "I will have some men accompany the sailors to the east, incase if anything bad happens, they will be able to solve it."

Pei Zhen, "Of course, thank you Sect leader Jiang. But I also request you to take a look at the boat. Some of my men think there might be some problem with it." I nodded my head and we headed to the dock but not before I took a fabric with me.

The Ship looked normal, sturdier than normal. I tried to sense any kind of energy, but it was normal, perhaps too normal. Usually, the ships have a protected bottom to keep them safe if the waves start acting up, but not everyone do this. "Do you not seal your ships before transporting?" 

Pei zhong, "We used to but a few months ago, the golden pearl was lost, and we no longer had a reason to cast a protection spell." Golden pearl? What is that? I looked at him, waiting for further explanation, but it did not come, then I must ask myself, "So what is the Golden pearl?"

Pei Zhen, "We are not allowed to talk about it, but I guess I can make an exception to sect leader Jiang." He looked around before sighing, "Perhaps we could go to a more secluded place, please follow me." We walked to another manor which was even smaller. It was completely surrounded by tress. From afar no one would have guessed there would be a manor in the middle of the forest.

We entered the manor, which was quite old, it was obvious that no one uses it. But on the whole, maybe if they cleaned it and replaced a few things, it would be very beautiful.

We walked towards a room and before he opened the door, he turned around, "It would be better if the both of us could have a talk." He looked to my side and looked down, I looked at hui zhong who then bowed and stood near the door facing outward. We then entered the room.

The room was cleaner than the entire manor. It was simple and elegant. We sat opposite to each other under the warm rays of Sun that came from the open back door. "Sect leader Jiang, would you like some tea?" "Sure." He poured tea into two cups and handed one to me, I accepted it. It smells like Jasmine. It must be really popular here. After all the main city is far more luxurious than the side harbor. "So, about the Golden pearl?"

Pei zhen, "Actually it's not a pearl, it's an egg. An egg of an ancient monster. I might not be able to go into detail but... 200 years ago... Wen Ruohan's master who was an immortal, broke the immortal laws and entered the mortal world. Since he was an immortal, he was looked up to by everyone. But the Wen's did not like the presence of someone stronger than them, so they started making something stronger than him. But somehow, they came together and planned to take over the mortal and the immortal world. That's how the Yin iron was created though it was more powerful before. The Yin iron had a total of six parts, but only five of them were scattered within the clans. The 6th one was thought to be taken by the immortal realm. Since the Yiling Laozu destroyed the other 5 parts, it is supposed to be a useless cursed object. But 100 years ago, it caused a huge destruction which was never recorded by the clans. It is said that the 6th piece absorbed the powers of the other five pieces which led to them being weak yet stronger than the cultivators. It is also speculated to be the reason how the Yiling Laozu was able to overpower it with his creation." Who would have thought the Yin iron had a history unnoted. But the Lans would have definitely noted it. After all they always record everything.

If the one Wei wuxian overpowered was really weak then how was he able to power up one part of it. And how is this related to the pearl.

Jiang cheng, "How is this related to Golden pearl?" He took a sip of his tea before sighing. "That destruction created a number of curses which was broken except one. Our Jiahao clan was once called the land of Pheonix for its strength and power, but a curse brought us down. The burial mounds which were originally the Luanzhang Hills was the residence of our late ruler. One night an army of fierce corpse swallowed the entire hills, bringing forth its name as the burial mounds. Along with the army a curse was placed on our land. It destroyed our wealth and people in one night. Later we found several ways to avoid it. But by the heavens blessings that curse disappeared last week. Therefore, we stopped wasting money on protection and spells." 

Jiang cheng, "Why did you call it the golden pearl?" he bowed down, "I'm afraid I can't tell you that. But if you really must know, you should ask our sect leader directly." 

Jiang cheng, "Well then, I suppose I can take my leave. My men will come to support you tomorrow." "Thank you for your kind help, sect leader Jiang, my apologies for wasting your time over such a small matter." I nodded my head before leaving. "That curse may h..."