50. Banquet

Previously...

Jiang cheng finally stopped when Jinling and Hui zhong stood on his either side, holding his arm back. "Sect leader Lan, let's talk it out. Please, you're hurting young master Lan!" Jinling continued, "Jiujiu, please stop. It's not what you think!"

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng sat across the guest room bed with crossed legs and arms and sparkling Zidian. Jinling took Sizhui to his allotted room and treated his injuries which were thankfully not serious. Hui zhong stood next to the bed to prevent any mis-happenings.

Jinling, "Jiujiu, if you're not leaving, at least put Zidian away." Jiang cheng glared at him and withdrew Zidian. "Fine, but you're telling me why the fuck that man was... motherfucker. Forget it, I'll just remove his tongue and burn his lips and break your legs while I'm at it."

Hui zhong immediately shielded the bed while Jinling kept the dressing away and stood in front of his uncle. "Uncle, we did not kiss. I was about to knock him out but then I heard footsteps and got distracted." Jiang cheng furrowed his eyebrows, "So you're telling me it's my fault?" The question which came out more of a shout was enough to wake up the injured Lan.

When Jinling heard pained groans, he immediately went to check on the Lan. "Sizhui! are you alright? where the fuck is Jingyi!" He helped the other up and gave him some medicine. Sizhui drank it with Jinling's help and looked at his injuries. 

Sizhui, "Jinling, what happened? why am I injured? are you injured as well?" Before the other could get worked up Jinling covered his mouth. "Well... an accident happened; it was a mistake of course. You were just too drunk and did funny thing and..."

"You damn Lan insulted my nephew, that's what happened. And if I can't break your legs, I'll just take your life."

Sizhui was frozen for a moment as memories flooded in. When he recovered, he immediately fell to the ground and bowed till his forehead touched the ground. 

Sizhui, "Sect leader Jiang, Jinli- no, young master Jin, my sincere apologies. I accept any punishment you give. It was inhuman of me to do such a thing when I was drunk. Please, I deserve to be punished, or even more than that."

Jiang cheng suddenly felt deja vu, the Lans in some ways are the same. Jinling rushed to force to Lan to sit up.

Jinling, "You don't have to worry about punishment, Jiujiu already tortured you enough. Wait I'll go get you something to eat."

Jinling walked out but not before dragging Jiang cheng with him. "Stop pulling me, did you hear what he said? he wanted to be punished, why not fulfill it." Jinling looked at his uncle before sighing, "Jiujiu, I know you're just protective of me but whipping him like that is a little cruel don't you think?"

Jiang cheng did not take a word in and the Jin clearly understood it. He stopped walking and faced the other, "Jiujiu, please-"

"Don't tell me you like him." The other was surprised by the question, "Of course I don't, I- he just made a mistake. Nothing serious." Jiang cheng sighed, since he can't beat him up in front of his nephew, he'll just do it when no one's around.

They made their way to the kitchen and brought back food and herbal water. "Let me carry the food tray."

"No, I'm afraid you'll poison it."

The words reminded Jiang cheng of the poison in his body. Though he has been having nightmares every night, he was sure he'll face new symptoms soon. 'I need to find someone who can take care of the clan soon.' Though he mumbled it slowly, Jinling heard it. But not the words itself. "What did you say?" Jiang cheng shook his head and walked faster.

'Maybe the clan will go to its actual owner. After all, he is way better than me in every way.' Jiang cheng placed the jar of water and left the room.

A week passed since that incident and the three boys left to Gusu a day later. Everything went smoothly, the demon did not appear in front of him after that. But Jiang cheng suffered more as his nightmares started to weaken him.  Though it was not obvious, if he used too much spiritual energy, he started to spit blood.

Jiang cheng woke up again from a nightmare. He dressed up and went to train his disciples. 

After that he went to the study to do his paperwork and then walk around the lake. Eat something when Hui zhong lectured him and continue on with his work. He discovered a lot of things with new information came new questions.

Hui zhong, "Yes sect leader, I'll inform them... So, are you going to the banquet?" Jiang cheng then remembered the invitation, "When is it?"

"Tomorrow."

"... shit."

"Are you leaving today?"

Jiang cheng thought for a while before nodding. Qinghe Nie was farther than Gusu and takes at least a day or two to get there. Jiang cheng went to get ready after ordering some energy pills. He planned to travel on sword for the entire journey.

After packing some clothes and necessary items, he set out in the afternoon after eating his lunch (forced).

The banquet was held on the next day afternoon, so he still had some time. He flew past different cities and landscapes on his sword with a bundle by his side. He stopped in the middle of the forest from time to time, so he could take some energy pills and eat something.

When he reached Qinghe Nie, the sun had already set, and the other clans already had a dinner together. But he was really proud of himself for arriving at a speed no one could possibly achieve.

He stood in front of a huge wall protected by guards. On the inside, the wall continued with patrolling guards. Further away stood the tall and majestic building made of various stones. It was brightly lit and decorated. The last time he visited was during the war with Wen clan. 

He took in the beautiful development made by the new leader. Though the infrastructure was the same, it still looked completely different. He turned around when he saw the sect leader walk towards him.