8

It's been a two days and Meredith is back to work, still on Addison's service. She was back to her normal self, yet Addison was paying very close attention to her. She kept a close eye on her through out rounds, the hallways, anywhere and everywhere.

  Although everything was fine, there was a question that kept nagging Addison, it went on and on, like a carousel. She went to find Meredith, but couldn't think about where she could be. Until it clicked, the basement. She went looking and thats exactly where she found her. As soon as Meredith heard the footsteps, she looked up and smiled, taking her thumb out her mouth.

"Hi Addie!"

"Hi, Mer." She greeted back  with a tight smile.

"You okay?" Meredith questioned, furring her eyebrows.

"Yes, well, no." Addison replied standing in front of Meredith between her legs. "I umm... are you still in love with Derek?" She asked with hesitation clear in her voice.

"No! I dropped everything about him months ago. He tried to persuade me into getting back together, but it didn't work, I didn't let it. After what he did to you, I can't look at him." Meredith held Addison's hands, looking her in the eyes making sure she believed every word she said.

"Okay..." She smiled, letting go of one hand to caress Meredith's cheek with looking deeply into her eyes.

  Meredith kept looking back and forth between Addison's eyes. Addison kept slowing leaning in, glancing between Meredith's eyes and lips. At this point they were merely centimeters apart, so close that they could feel each others breath. Addison glanced towards Meredith's lips once again, this time softly brushing her finger against her bottom lip. Getting closer, now brushing their lips against each other, their breaths getting caught in their throats. Finally, closing the space between them, but their pagers went off before they could kiss.

  Quickly pulling apart, Addison licked her lips and helped Meredith off the gurney. They quickly went up to their patient. She was having contractions and was already dilating.

  After helping their patient give birth, Meredith walked to the nearest on call room, Addison following behind. Meredith throws herself into the bottom bed, laying in a star position. Addison walks in and walks towards her, sitting down next to Meredith. Rubbing her back, Addison waits a bit before she breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry, you know, about earlier."

"I'm sorry too."

After that there were no more words exchanged. Addison tapped Meredith thigh making her move, leaving space for Addison. She laid down and immediately Meredith moved over cuddling her, laying her head in the crook of Addison's neck. Addison wrapped her arm around Meredith and started playing with her hair. A few seconds pass by and Addison feels Meredith's arm graze her stomach and her breathing slowing down, making her look down at her. Meredith had her thumb in her mouth, Addison smiled at the sight and kissed Meredith's forehead. Completely admiring the sight up close, admiring very single one of Meredith's features, from the array of the freckles that laid on cheeks and nose to her long lashes. Every day Addison kept getting more drawn in towards Meredith, no matter what she did it always felt like there was a light shining upon her making her look as angelic as ever.

"Sleep tight, my little princess." Addison whispered into the dark on call room.

  Addison knew there was a 50/50 chance that she'd wake up with an either big or little Meredith. She didn't know if it'll be hard to take her out of her headspace for work if she ended up waking up in her headspace. She chose not too worry about it at the moment and chose to worry about it when the time came. For now she would enjoy the break they had right now, and worry about the rest later.

  After some time, Addison woke up to her face being kissed and little giggles echoing the room. She opens up her eyes to find Meredith laying between her legs with her head on her chest giggling. Addison smiled due to those giggles which calmed all her worries.

"Hello, my little princess." Addison spoke, making Meredith to look up at her.

"Hewwo!!" She smiles big.

"You had a nice nap, my little princess?"

"Mhm" Meredith hummed in response.

  Addison had to unfortunately get Meredith out of her headspace in order go and check up on their patients. It was just a tiny bit difficult due to Meredith not wanting to go back and work, but instead wanted to just cuddle. Eventually they checked on their patients, while Addison kept distracting Meredith from slipping, even though if it was for her sake she would let her. Their shift went so quickly they barely noticed it was time to go. Addison drove Meredith home and took her inside. By the time they were at Meredith house, Meredith had already slipped. Addison helped her out the car, into her house, and up the stairs.

  Addison waited outside the bathroom door for Meredith, and to make sure everything was okay, but to also give her some privacy since she didn't know what Meredith would be comfortable with at this time. After she was done, Addison took Meredith to her bed and sat her down, and braided her hair. Meredith didn't ask for this, it was like a motherly instinct if you say so. After braiding her hair, Addison tucked Meredith into bed, kissing her forehead good night.

" 'tay?" Meredith asked with pleading eyes just as Addison was about to exit her room.

"You want me to stay, princess?" Asked, turning around.

"Mhm!"

"Okay, my princess. I'll stay." Addison smiled.

  Addison changed to a shirt, since she knew her way around Meredith's room from previous sleepovers and went to lay down next to Meredith. Meredith scooted into Addison's side, in the same position as earlier. Addison kissed Meredith's forehead once again and caressed her hair until she could hear her little snores.