6

Meredith's POV:

Internally I'm freaking the hell out! Out of every single person in this earth, why did Addison Montgomery had to be the one to know my secret? Why did she have to be the other person behind the other side of the screen? I'm completely loosing my mind. Is our friendship going to change? Is this gonna affect the way she'll act around and with me? Will she treat me different?

I wake up and notice that Addison is still here, her head slightly resting on my thigh looking towards my direction. Somehow she ended up holding my hand in her sleep. I accidentally move my fingers and her eyes slowly open.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I sheepishly whisper.

Addison yawns, raising her head. "It's okay. It's time for me to wake up anyways, love."

  I avoided making eye contact with her. She clearly noticed this and asked me if everything was alright, I said yes but she saw right through my lie.

"Mer, I know you're not alright? Tell me what is it."

"I-it's just that I'm embarrassed about everything. Well, I'm embarrassed about you knowing my secret than you needing to help me get dress after the whole explosion thing." I told her, looking up at the ceiling.

"My love, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. You're still Meredith and nothing will change the way I look or treat you. I'm here to help and protect you, okay?" She softly spoke, caressing my cheek with the back of her hand.

"Okay." I softly smiled.

Addison sat back on the chair and turned the tv on to relax a bit before going to start her day later on.

I've been talking to her through my phone for like a 2 months and I never ever put the pieces together. How could I not know?! The pieces were right in front of me! Her days, description, her voice!! How could I not recognize her voice?!

All of this started to overwhelm me so much. I felt like air stopped flowing in and started hyperventilating and crying. Addison quickly noticed.

"Hey! Hey! Look at me. Let's breathe." She responded worriedly trying to calm me down.

Being so overwhelmed was causing me to start slipping. My breathing now became shaky. My lip became pouty and before I know it Addison is climbing into the hospital bed and lays down next to me, wrapping me in her arms. I lay my head in her chest, my breath still a bit shaky.

"I sowwy." I apologized.

"For what honey?" She questioned as she caressed my hair.

"For me crying a-and fweaking out. I just scared."

"Why are you scared, my sweet girl?" She looked at me with concern in her face.

"Cause I don know what gonna happen next and cause you know who me was before I know who you was." I started to tear up a bit.

"My love, like I said, Im going to be here to help and protect you. We'll go slowly and we'll see what happens, okay? You",she booped my nose, "don't need to worry about the rest. I'm here to take care of you now. And we can talk all about it later, when you're all better." She reassured me with a sweet smile.

  Eventually, I feel asleep not to long after with my thumb in my mouth, now feeling more at peace. While I slept, Addison went to go do rounds and check on her patients. Truth to be told, I missed her warmth next to me. Her reassuring me earlier did calm my nerves and my thoughts down for now.

Addison's POV:

  As I'm checking on my patients the only thing going through my head is Meredith. She seemed so overwhelmed and stressed which was probably why she slipped out of nowhere and that fast too. Of course I want her to slip with me, but not this way, in a healthy way. In a way that she feels comfortable and not scared. Honestly, we need to talk because I, myself, am getting a bit stressed about Meredith.

  Finishing the check up with my last patient, I go straight to Richards office. I ask him if I could have the rest of the day off due to personal issues and if I could take Meredith home. He let me have the rest of the day off and he checked Meredith over and she was discharged. Meredith seemed to still be in headspace while Richard check her.

"We go home?" Meredith asked as I buckled her up in the car.

"Yep! And when we get there we're going to clean  all the yucky hospital off of you and cuddle."

"We watch cartoons?"

"Yes we can watch cartoons, my love." She smiles widely and giggles a bit.

  I close the door and put her work bag in the back seat. I walk over and get in the driver's seat, ready to drive off.

  Out of all the people that could've been across the other screen, Im glad it was her, that it was Meredith. Not because it would be the "perfect" cgl story, but because over the course of this past 2 months I've grown fond of her. I mean we went from being nemesis to close friends pretty quickly. She means something to me, so hopefully this doesn't ruin anything, hopefully it makes things better.

baby talk has now entered the chat!

hoped you besties enjoyed! if you have anything thoughts or requests for future chapters let me know! see u guys in the next one, byeeer

Unexpected Pairingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें