Let me take care of you - Lauren

No one's pov

'Why is college this expensive? I can't pay my rent because those old white men took my check for my education' Said y/n to herself angry.

She just payed for her college. Her bill for the last semester needed to be payed or she would've been kicked out. She waited to the last day to pay it. y/n knew that it was risky, but what other choice did she have?

Y/n walked all the way home with an angry expression on her face and even an angrier mind. She didn't understand why college was so expensive. You need school, atleast most need it, to get further in life but make it so expensive that not everyone can go. 'Bullshit' was all y/n could think.

Y/n was completly lost in her own mind that she didn't notice that she was already home. She opened the door to the small appartment. It was small but cozy. It had a small bedroom and the livingroom was just big enough for a sofa and a tv.

Y/n closed the door and laid her bag and coat by the front door. She looked around and smiled proudly. Even now when she is struggeling she is still proud on herself. She has her own appartment and is in college. She was further then most of the people her age.

Still her chest felt tight and her smile dropped. She was worried and scared. She was struggeling with the bills and she really couldn't pay her rent this month. She could lose her appartment. With an appartment she couldn't stay here. That meant she couldn't go to college. What was she going to do? Y/n sighed and shook her head.

Suddenly her phone started to ring. She tried to ignore it. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. She just wanted to curl up on the couch and watch a dumb show. But the ringing continued. After the third try she finnaly answered.

"What?" asked y/n in a tired and anoyed voice.

"Is this how you treat your childhood friend?" asked the girl on the other side of the phone.

"Hey Jessica" said y/n with a chuckle. She didn't even look at the called id when she answered. If she did... she would've never answered her bestfriend. Well she would because she could never let a day go by and not talk to Jessica. Jessica knows everything about y/n. She knows everything about her life. And also about her struggles.

"How is it going bestie. I know that today was the last day you could make the payment. I wanted to check in and see how you are" Jessica was always concerned about y/n. She knew that the girl was having a difficult time.

"Honestly not great" said y/n honestly. "I can't pay rent this month. How am i supposed to even buy food?" said y/n in a distraught voice. Tears brimming in her eyes. Her lip quivering. She tried to not let it effect her voice. She didn't want Jessica to notice it, but Jessica would always notice if something was wrong with y/n. It was like a superpower.

"Y/n i'm coming over. I know you have a hard time right now. Let's go out and let all the stress go for one night. My treat ofcourse" and Jessica hung up the phone.

Y/n laughed a little. Jessica always knew what to do to cheer up y/n.

(After a little while)

Y/n heard knocking on her door. She quickly walked to the door and opened it. Before the door was fully open, jessica barged in. Y/n just looked at Jessica and said "2 seconds is to long for your higness?" and laughed after saying that.

"Well duh we have a big problem. We are not dancing in a club" exclaimed Jessica.

"Well alright let's go" said y/n and she starts to walk to the door.

"You are going... in that?" asked Jessica while giving y/n a face that said 'are you serious with me?'

"Euh yeah" was said.