Chapter Twenty- Hospitals and 'Things'

Začít od začátku

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. If I know, Michael was sucking up all the air. Selfish bastard.

"I hate the person who marked your perfect face." he whispered while caressing my cheek with his thumb. "But you still look beautiful." Gosh, how come when he says it I believe him?

I made eye contact with his chest. I knew I'd melt to the ground when I stared right through his lovely browns. His lips softly touched my forehead and I was taken aback. My toes curled inside the slippers.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you."

"It was an accident." I said in a shaky voice. "There was nothing you can do." I reasoned before he asked me to sit on the bed. When I obeyed he took my right foot and slipped on a T-strap sandal. He took the other and did the same.

Michael Madrid doesn't forget anything. I concluded in my head. "Thank you." I mumbled as he simply gazed at me. A knock on the door interrupted our staring session. "Come in."

It was Sean. I completely forgot about him. To be honest, I already forgot I just got hit by a car hours ago. Michael does things to me.

I immediately turned to look at Michael. Judging from the scowl on his face, he knew who Sean was. Of course, he does. He was like the King of Stalking and Investigating. I'm pretty sure he already ordered David or someone to investigate what happened.

"Sean." I acknowledged the guy in front of us. "This is Michael. Michael, this is-."

"The reckless driver who hit you." Michael said in an angry tone, nostrils flaring. "You should pay for what you did. Who the hell hits someone on the pedestrian lane? Do you even know what a pedestrian lane is?"

"Michael!" I snapped at him.

"I didn't mean for it to happen. I'm really sorry, Madi."

"Oh. So you guys have been acquainted?" Michael commented in disbelief.

"Michael, could you please stop. For the nth time, it was an accident so drop it." I wanted to say something else but I felt my surrounding spin. "I'm dizzy." I announced and Michael immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"Here." Sean held out a hand with a velvet case. "I had these made for you."

I wriggled out of Michael's protective arms and walked towards Sean. He volunteered to open the case and slide the new pair of glasses on me. My vision was clearer. I heard Michael groan behind me so I immediately stepped back. "Uh, thanks."

"Where's your old pair?" Michael demanded.

I opened my mouth to speak but Sean answered for me. "I stepped on it when I ran to her."

Michael rolled his eyes at him before turning to me. "You need to rest."

"I'll take you home." Sean offered.

"You think she'd risk her life with someone stupid enough to hit a person in a pedestrian lane?" Michael snorted.

"Thanks but Michael will take me home." I explained to Sean. To be the cause of a brawl was the last thing I wanted. Michael showed off his signature smug look. "Be careful on the road. Not everybody's as kind as me." I said to Sean.

"So it seemed."

"Are you two done? We should go." Michael stated.

As if on cue, David appeared to carry my things. I said goodbye to Sean taking Michael's hand.

"You're lucky she's an angel. If it was up to me, you'd never be able to drive again."

I had to pull Michael because he was one second from shoving Sean on the wall. It was obvious how he was controlling himself from punching the guy for what happened to me. I gave Sean an apologetic smile.