Chapter Eighteen - Very Impressive

Start from the beginning

Last night had been...something. It really had been something. Awesome, mind blasting, fan-fucking-tastic sex kind of something. That had thrown her off. Despite Arturo's prickly demeanor, and his instance that, if she didn't come it would have to be her own fault, he'd been very generous with her.

So generous that even thinking about it this morning was enough to make her sex swell and moisten. Warmth pooled between her legs, and if she was going to get through the day, Isla at least needed a coffee before her body started acting up. In more ways than one.

She checked her hair over, adding in a few things that would hopefully make her look good without smelling like she'd dumped a ton of products in her hair and on her face, checked over herself in the mirror, making sure that the jeans hugged her ass and thighs nicely without looking too graphic or inviting, sent off a quick text to Jane to let her know that everything was still all right, and then set off.

Isla had no idea where to go. She only just realized that after leaving her room. Maybe to where she'd had dinner the night before? That sounded plausible.

Right. That was where she was going to go.

She started walking down the wide, spacious halls. She barely got ten feet before Martina appeared down the hall, holding a set of white sheets in her arms.

The woman's dark eyes widened at the sight of her, as if she hadn't expected Isla to be standing there at all.

Martina rushed over, not quit running, but clearly in a hurry to know what was going on. "Miss King, what are you doing in the halls by yourself?"

That genuinely threw her for a loop. "Am I not allowed to walk around the house?"

"You are, Miss King, but there should be someone with you."

She didn't get it. "To make sure I don't go where I'm supposed to? Really?"

"It's not quite that simple, Miss King," Martina said, smiling calmly. It was insanely impressive how she was able to keep the professional air about her, even while holding onto those sheets.

"Where are you bringing those?"

"To your room."

Stunned again. "Really? I slept in that bed once. You have to change the sheets every day?"

"It's how Mr. Calendri prefers it."

That seemed kind of unfair and wasteful. But, it wasn't like Arturo wasn't paying her. He had to be paying her very well, actually, considering she lived in the building where she worked.

"Do you want some help?"

Now Martina was looking at her like she'd sprouted a second head in front of her, and then cut it off just for good measure.