𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2.5

Start from the beginning

And to top it all, she was a girl. Yacob likes girls, only ducks girls and probably till the day he dies. Maybe that's why I wouldn't dare to talk back at her. She was better that me.

Everything about her was a blow to every piece of my fragile eagle.

I'd only lose if I tried.

The bell snapped me out of my thoughts and I cowered as a number of students walked past me giving me weird looks. I was wet, dirty and it was getting sticky. My poor white shirt. I was about to make a run for the bathroom when a strong grip on my arm caused me to gasp.

"You don't look fine." His deep voice came out  concerned and my stupid heart started racing. I glanced where his hand held mine, emiting sparks in my entire body. "You alright."
I shook my head, do I look fine?

He stared at me and sighed "what happened?" Dylan asked and I shrugged, it's best I stayed silent about it.
.
"It's nothing. Just coffee, I hope." I said trying to sound casual about it.

"Come with me." He said after a little hesitate, he grabbed my hand this time and my heart leaped, he tagged me along and I just let my feet move and stared at our almost entwined hands. We fit perfectly.

I blushed at thought and I was too engrossed in my fantasies when we walked into the boy's locker rooms. My blush deepened, my thoughts wild and teenage. It was just the two of us, alone in this infamous place. What were we doing here? Is he going to kiss me?

I mean, I wouldn't mind that, I thought staring at his veiny hands that entwined with mine. I surely wouldn't mind if those strong hands roamed all over he as we kissed. Dylan stared at me in deep thought. Please do.

"Sit here, I'll be right back." I sulked lightly but he smiled making me stare at his perfect lips and washed away the disappointment from loss of contact. He walked away and I sighed

The fuck was wrong with me!

I stared at my hand, not to sound psycho but I'd gladly get coffee spilled on me just to touch his hands again. God, I  need a therapist!

Dylan returned with a towel and pair of black shorts and a white shirt. It was the school's football team's jersey. Plus a white towel.

"I've found one clean shower, you can use my shampoo if you want to." I nodded a bit less frantic and smiled as I embraced his kindness. His smile was the rainbow itself. "I'll be waiting outside. Call me if you need anything." I smiled and nodded.

.
.
.
.

Lunch rolled in and I couldn't wait to meet Kai. I had more than spicy news to tell him. My cheeks  hurt from to the smiling I was doing. I was almost bursting from anticipation, when was Saturday arriving, I couldn't wait.

........

Normal POV

Kai exhaled tiredly when the bell for lunch rung, he exhaled painfully. The issue of the software program almost had him pulling out his hair, he was so frustrated and was on the verge of crying. The funny thing was that the program that he'd been working on for almost two years now wasn't ruined, it was stolen.

No one in the club dared to look at him. They looked tired defeated, pitiful and mostly guilty. They understand how hard Kai has been working and it broke their hearts that something like this was happening to him.

Cole sat silent in a state of hopelessness as he stared at Kai, he couldn't even do anything to cheer him up even if he wanted to.

Kai walked to cafeteria and used every ounce of energy in his body not to cry. He reminded himself that's it's life. Things come and go. Loses are bound to happen. But tell that to the sleepless nights he spent trying to perfect his projet. Just thinking of it was painful enough.

Life's just so unfair.

"Dylan asked me out." Was the first thing Tyler uttered when he made it to the table. Each syllable that left Tyler's lips cut sharper than a double edged sword. Kai stared at Tyler whose eyes were simmering with joy. His eyes darted to the jersey that Tyler was putting on and Kai knew it was "his"

"I, uh, wow. Haha, t-thats amazing...!" Kai's voice weavered and he stuttered with fake enthusiasm. Thankfully or even unfortunately Tyler was too elated and flustered to even notice the tears that formed in Kai's eyes. He couldn't hold his tears in anymore.

Tyler smiled remembering Dylan's words

"You free on Saturday night?" It was definitely a date that's for sure.

"You must be excited."Kai choked out as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Of course. I've been waiting for this moment since forever. I can't believe Dylan Andrews asked me out. Can you believe it?"

"Must be nice." Kai said staring at the jersey with envy with a blurred vision. His heart sunk, it must be really nice for Tyler. I mean he's going on a date with the only person Kai has liked ever since he was fourteen. It must be nice, Tyler gets to have a date on the person he's liked for a month, Kai has only watched him from the shadows, praying silently that one day. He would be his.

Wow, life is one big bitch.

This surely hurt more than losing that stupid software program. He w watched as his life gets slowly eaten away by the agony of a silent and very painful unrequited love.

Saturday evening.

Tyler watched the setting sun and the merging city lights ahead. His self esteem lowered with a wary state of mind.  It was getting chilly as the sun had finally set and the moon had emerged from the other side of the sky. The stars shone bright and happily in the bright blue sky. A contrast to how Tyler was feeling. He walked back inside the house and then walked back outside. He was getting impatient and tired of walking out each time he heard a car pass by.

He glanced at the time on his phone and his heart dropped.

It was 8:45pm and Dylan still hasn't picked him up.