𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2: heart beats

Make sure to check out the prologue urkookiluvzmatae before reading, first impression matters

Theme song:
Moonlight_ chase Atlantic

♪we're diving at the bottom of the ocean, swimming through a bottle of emotions♪

I hate it, I hate that I'm not the reason you are smiling so brightly yet you are standing Infront of me... Yacob~
.
.
.

At around 4am

The tires of the mustang screeched on the cold pavement, Yacob sighed and drummed his fingertips at the steering wheel as Dylan stepped out of the vehicle, he'd refused to sit in the passengers seat even after Yacob had dropped off that girl.

"Goodnight, man." Dylan then walked off not waiting for a response from the other knowing he wouldn't give it, and he was used to it. That's how his best friend was. Yacob still hasn't recollected the energy to drive off Dylan's property

He watched as two children run out of the big home with big smiles on their faces, they embraced Dylan and Dylan's laughter could be heard from where Yacob sat. The twins, a boy and a girl giggled as the male lifted them up and span them in the air.

Yacob looked on emotionless at the interaction, he wandered if they'll ever be a day when something like that was at his place, not that he longed for it, he just wondered. That's probably just look pathetic. He exhaled tiredly and started the engine, the gatekeep opened the gate for him to drive through and he took the route home.

Once he made it home, he parked his car in the garage silently and as stealthily as he could, he stepped out. He almost cussed out loudly when the door to squeaked, and he tiptoed is way through the mansion to his room. His mother was scariest when sleep deprived.

He hadn't even made it past the living room when he heard voices coming from the study, he wasn't one to pry but curiosity got the better of him, none dared to walk into the study when his father wasn't home, he became even more curious when he heard laughter.

Whoever they were were brazen enough and probably weren't phased by the presence of his mother, she was the scariest person around, second to his father. Could it be the bodyguards.

The laughter became more pronounced as it were off two ladies. Yacob finally caught a glimpse of his mother's dark black hair that looked too neatly combed for the morning, it cascaded down her back, covering her expensive silk night robes and a glass of wine in her hand. As always.

She had her back to the boy and Yacob couldn't make out who she was laughing so hard with. And besides, the sight of a smile on that woman's face was the rarest.

Whoever it was peeked Yacob's curiosity and he walked in. His mother stared at him, displeased by his rudeness.

His sister met his eyes, her eyes darted from their mother to get brother, the corner of her lips rose in a smile. Yacob started at her creased eyebrows, the slight wrinkles at the corner of her eyes, her slightly delated pupils and he could tell it was a fake one.

Yacob never failed to show his displeasure, her presence only made him question the meaning behind her existence. She didn't belong here. Not in the house he's bound to call home and definitely not after she betrayed everyone and decided to side with that MAN.

She didn't deserve the title "older sister" and his mother had not right to let her inside their home.

He turned around angrily and stormed out of the house, never bothering to look back and ignoring his mother who kept on calling out his name.