Mercedes reached for him but he walked back inside. A rub to her forehead as she paced for a second.

The hand on her back made her whip around to see Legend there.

"He good?"

"Yeah, and no." Mercedes lowered her hand.

Legend saw the look on her face. "What's wrong?"

"Mal think Hakeem set him up."

"Did he?" He asks, receiving a stern look from Mercedes making his still not change. "You glaring won't change my question."

"No...." Mercedes looked away.

Legend catches this. "You didn't seem so sure about that."

"Hakeem is not street smart, he wouldn't do this." Mercedes shakes her head. "I can't believe he would ever do that to one of us. That's not just my brother, that boy is literally half of me. I know him."

Legend nods. "I know you do, but your brother in there seems convinced."

"I told Keem stop hanging with them guys."

"You know them?" His brow raised, Mercedes nods. "Then we find them."

"Mal said they knew about the watch my father gave to them." Mercedes eyes saddened knowing the truth. "My dad gave us all gifts that same day. My earrings and necklace made out of the same material as the watch he gave to them. Mal didn't have it on, but they knew."

"And only Hakeem would know?"

Mercedes nods.

Legend hands go inside his jacket with a sigh.

"He wouldn't do it." Mercedes had to keep telling herself. "I know my twin, I do. Under that mean and stubborn ass attitude that boy does have a heart."

"I know," Legend agrees. "Money and power does change people though, and so does the thought of getting it. You know that."

Mercedes pleading eyes go back to him. "I don't want to ever think he will ever go that far. I can't do that, Legend."

"Maybe it's not him, but don't ever think it won't ever be your own." Legend tells her. "Family, are the main ones you have to watch. Snakes camouflage the best, told you that."

Mercedes looks back to the building. "I have to help, Jamal try to get something done."

"Want me to find your brothers 'friends' that was down here?"

"Yeah," She takes out her phone and showed him a social media post with them tagged.

Legend took out his phone as typed a bit. "You need to find out from your twin what he knows."

"I will."

Legend hands her phone back to her. "I got it. You go help him." He nods to the trucks. "Two of them are going to stay out front just in case."

"Okay,"

"Hey," Legend voice got her attention. "Nobody is dead, and we can find out who they are. Relax."