Chapter 1: Getting to know Aaliyah part 2

Aaliyah P.O.V

"You did good Babygirl." Mama said trying to cheer me up.

"NO I DIDN'T!I DIDNT ."

"Babygirl Babygirl its ok. There's other opportunities. ok. In my mind you won." mama said with a sweet smoothing smile. I eventually calmed down. I was still upset though.

"Thanks mama." I kissed her on her cheek.

" Ok let's go home and eat."

2 years later

"Mama ."I asked skipping towards the table where she was sitting.

"WHAT!" she said slapping her hand on the table. I was I so much shock. It cause me to slightly jump. she turned her head and realized it was me. "I'm so so sorry babygirl. I didn't no it was you I'm just irritated right now." she said rubbing her temple.

"What's wrong." my eyebrows frowned.

"N-Nothing." she shook her head " what's up" looking up at me .

"Umm can u take me to the ice cream shop?" I said still trying to figure out what's going on.

"Not now Babygirl. go ask..." she got cut off by the phone ringing. We both looked at the house phone . Mama had a fear look on her face. she looked back at me " go ask R-rashad. she stutter.

"Um ok . I guess." I starting walking upstairs. why won't she tell me what's going on . I mean I know I'm only 12 but come now she's acting like I'm - 6 or something . I made it to Rashad's room. I barge into his room just like he always does me. I should start putting locks on my door. but mama won't let me. I swear one day he gonna see me in my birthday suit.

"Aye rashad!."

"Aaliyah!! There's a thing called Knocking!"

" Why would I knock if you never knock on my door?huh?" I said with an attitude, crossing my arms.

" Whatever...I'm older than u ."

I rolled my eyes at his comment. " by only 17 MONTHS! The heck." He use that comment for every thing.

He sighed "Liyah what do you want?"

"I need you to walk with me to the ice cream shop."

"Let me think.... Nope." he simply said.

I rolled my eyes and stomped out his room. when I made it to my room I flopped on my bed. " I wish I was older so I can go places by myself." I whisper to myself. The phone started to ring. I walked to the hallway to get it . " I GOT IT!!!" I yelled .

" Hello?."

"Uhh Liyah ?" A man said on the other line. I didn't know who It was.

" Yessss this is she ." I said kinda regretting answering to someone I didn't know.

"Aye Babygirl it's you uncle Barry.

"Aye what's up uncle?"

"Nothing much. Wasn't you on Star Search about 2 years singing Funny Valentine ?."

"Yesss. "I said slowly. Things were kinda suspicious

"Well since your my niece and I know you have a wonderful voice that I know and I love you so so much. I want to signed you to Jive and Blackground records."

I didn't respond

" Babygirl?"

"Ok... Um Aaliyah? You there?''

I snapped out of my "trace of shockness "

"Um yeah I'm here. sorry. hold on I'll get my mama ." I put the phone against my chest. "MAMA TELEPHONE!!!" I go no answer " MAMA!"

"WHAT!"

" TELEPHONE." She walked up the stairs slowly. she's probably still upset from earlier.I don't know about what. I gave her the phone. and walked to my room. I Hope she say yes . I hope she says yes. This would be the best opportunity for my life. This would be life changing. So when mama got of the phone I rushed to her .

" Sooo mama what did you say?" I said with a wide smiled on my face.

" I said yes."

"YESSSSS." I said jumping up and down.

"Unless ." that's when I automatically stopped jumping. "you have to finish school and you can't make your first album until your in high school.

"Ok ok that's fine by me ." I said grinding once more.

Rashad walked out his room scratching his head. "what's up with all this yelling?"

"I just got signed to Jive and Blackground records." I said so excited .

"Liyah congrats!!" He hugged me . "My sister finna famous. I got a famous sister! . " All i can do I giggle at his excitement.

A/N if you love this part don't forget to vote and comment . I'll update tomorrow ...maybe ...love yall !! ~tlcis4ever143