"Hey, no, Ethan, don't!"

Stiles fought back and forth with the Steiner twin for a few seconds before Austin took it upon himself to simply unplugged the machine, the whirring sound stopping before Stiles lost grip and accidentally sent Ethan flying into a heater.

His skin making a hissing sound as soon as his arm made contact with the item.

"What just happened?" Ethan asked, blinking dumbly at the people in front of him.

No one gave him an answer, not really knowing what to say. Even if they did, he didn't give them enough time to form a response before he was running out of the room.

"Ethan!"

"Hey! Where's Ryder?"

•••

Her eyes were filled with tears as she stared at the man in front of her.

Her hair waved around messily as the wind smacked her in the face.

"I'll keep it simple." Peter started, "Do it."

"What?"

"Jump."

Ryder looked away from the ground below her, "Why?"

"You're my daughter, Ryder. I feel like that's enough of a reason for you to kill yourself." Peter chuckled, "But sure, I'll bite, no pun intended."

She squinted her eyes at him, not finding his joke funny.

"Shouldn't you be grieving your nephew?"

"I should. But I came to let you know that had you been there, he wouldn't be dead."

"Derek's death isn't my fault."

She knew it wasn't. No one could dare blame her for that.

"It is. It's your fault just as much as it is Scott's. Who would have thought that my beta and my daughter would be the reason behind losing my only nephew."

"His death isn't Scott's fault either."

She didn't know why she was seeing him, but he was being more annoying than he was convincing. Ryder didn't understand why Peter wanted her to kill herself, or why a part of her wanted to listen to him, but she truly didn't like it.

Peter stepped forward, tugging harshly at her arm, she wouldn't have noticed if he didn't drag her towards the edge of the building.

"Do it."

"No."

He flashed his eyes at her, "Do it."

"No!" Her head turned at the sound of Austin's voice. "Ry, please."

Looking closer, she could see Scott and the others also behind him, keeping a safe distance, not wanting to scare her.

"I wasn't going to." She spoke softly, the words doing little to reassure him.

Austin took a small step forward, putting his hand out for her to grab, "Can you come down, please?"

"No." She shook her head, "Peter won't let me."

Scott and Lydia shared a glance at the name, their hearts pounding at the man that single handedly ruined both their lives.