However, Jasmine was somehow glad that it was Katara who was the golden child. She didn't like too much attention. But if she wanted to, she could get all the attention she wanted if only she didn't hide the fact that she could bend fire and water. She rather let Katara be the only waterbender in the tribe.

"Shh, you coming?" The sudden whisper snapped her out of her thoughts. The girl snapped her head to where the voice came from with wide eyes. She let out a breath of relief when she saw it was her older brother Sokka. Even though Katara was her twin, Jasmine always felt like she had a better relationship with her older brother.

Knitting her eyebrows slightly, she tilted her head to the side. "Why are you awake? It's still dark outside?" It wasn't like her brother to get up so early.

"I want to go fishing but not alone. You want to come?" His question brought a smile to her face. It was nice to think that he wanted her company.

She got up from her bed and nodded. "Let me change quickly."

The girl got out of her tent only to see Sokka stretching his sides. "You ready to catch some fish now, Sokky?"

Her voice made him stop immediately. He straightened his posture and dusted himself off. "How many times have I told you not to call me that stupid nickname?" He crossed his arms and looked at her, waiting for an answer.

She giggled at his annoyed tone. When they were little kids she used to call him that and she hadn't stopped even if he despised it. It was not an appropriate name for a man in his opinion. "Too many times, big bro. But I can't help it, it sounds so cute." She stood on her tip toes and pinched his cheek.

He swatted her hand away quickly before pressing his lips together. He shook his head slightly but the slight pink colour of his cheeks didn't go unnoticed by her. "Just stop calling me Sokky." With that he started walking out of the village, in the direction of the shore where their canoe was waiting.

"Fine," she said and followed him. They both knew that she would never stop calling him that.

Upon seeing the canoe, she remembered how she often thought about leaving the water tribe and travelling the world. Her main goal had been going to the northern water tribe in order to find her mother's family. The topic was highly avoided and every time Jasmine asked her grandmother about it, she would avoid it and change the subject.

The siblings knew very little about their mother's life. Mainly because they were too little to understand or remember something their mother told them and because no one else told them anything now that they were almost grown up. If asked about, her grandmother would only briefly say something everyone already knew; the whole thing smelled fishy for the youngest.

"Hello?" Sokka waved his hand in front of her face to get her attention. She snapped her head towards him and waited for him to say something. The youngest hadn't even realised that they already reached the shore. "I've been trying to get attention for a minute now. What's up?"

Shaking her head, she shot him a smile. "Nothing, just thinking," she said while he eyed her briefly. She had considered telling him about her bending or even just about her doubts behind her mother's story. But she decided against it, not wanting him to worry about her. He was already burdened with the task to look after the tribe as the Chief's only son and one of the only boys left behind.

"Were you possibly thinking about your future husband?" He wiggled his eyebrows as he climbed into the canoe.

Jasmin narrowed her eyes and shot her brother a threatening glare as she followed him. When she stood next to him, she nudged her elbow into his side hard. He grimaced with pain and held his side. "Ow! What was that for?!"