Part 18 - Us

She looked down at her ring glistening in the sunlight as they drove home from their night away to mend their relationship, thinking nothing of anything but the future; the time when they would finally become husband and wife. Stevie had always considered themselves "married" when they were young and loved him more than anything else in the world, said that having a piece of paper meant nothing but being older, it meant something to her now. It would show the world that she was his and he was hers. The feeling they both shared was unbelievable and they went over stories of their struggles for fame, seeing how it pulled them apart from all of the pressure that came with success; if only they knew that was one of the main causes back then...they could have had Barbara sooner.

Opening the door for Stevie, Lindsey took her hand as they headed for the front door of her home, kissing her lovingly as they walked through the door and seconds later...

SURPRISE!

She jumped back as her eyes widened, about twenty people came popping up out of random spots in her home as Lindsey obviously knew this was coming by joining them, shaking their hands and hugging them; he was thanking them for coming. Stevie was confused but smiled as all her close friends, even Christine from London, came up to congratulate her. Lindsey explained to her that she never got a proper baby shower since Barbara came early and it was also a wedding shower as well, Lindsey had texted everyone last night that this surprise party was going to be more than a baby shower - that she had said "yes" to his proposal and wanted to celebrate that with her as well. She was touched and felt loved, extremely loved.

Karen brought over Barbara as Stevie and Lindsey greeted her properly, holding her and giving her kisses, they were so happy to see her and that she was feeling much better than the last few days.

Everyone began to bring out their presents for Barbara and Stevie/Lindsey. The room began to look like Christmas morning and it was all overwhelming from spending a secluded night alone to being around tons of people fawning over them. It had taken all Lindsey had to NOT spill this to her and he was proud of himself, proud of Karen as well for being able to gather everyone at such a short notice - especially Christine.

There was music, food, and drinks; your average Hollywood party but on the down low with it being a surprise and the fact that everyone was 40+. No one was interested in getting drunk or high anymore, especially with little Barbara around, which everyone fell in love with immediately. She had everyone wrapped around her tiny finger as she cooed up at everyone as they stared down at her in the basinet.

Stevie went over the story, about how she froze her ova before menopause, wanting to possibly keep them frozen until she found someone that was willing to father her child with. That her surrogate that had been chosen passed away from the umbilical chord detaching itself from the womb, causing her to bleed internally and she never made it through the C-section; it tore everyone to pieces. There were tears and hugs while Stevie described the beautiful relationship that she had built with young Cathryn, how she almost began to feel like a daughter to her. Stevie would never forget Cathryn. Everyone was happy for Stevie, knew that she deserved everything that she had and that she had coming - Lindsey for one, him being her fiancé after all these years, they were so happy for her. All the attempts at sending messages to each other through their own songs could now end and be out in the open for everyone to share.

Mick began to start a toast and go over all of the wonderful things that he felt about Stevie and Lindsey, how he had made the right choice to accept Stevie in to his band as well as Lindsey; they were the ones to thank for all of the success his band had. With out them he feared that the band would have went no where, which kind of stung Christine, but she didn't let that be known, she just wanted Stevie and Lindsey to have all the attention; it was their party afterall.