Part 17 - All that romance

Walking out in to the Living room, Lindsey was just going over things with Karen before they left for their date, and Stevie appeared in a long red dress that flowed around her ankles. It was strapless and she had a gold shawl draped around her shoulders, hair pinned up and curled, she was incredibly beautiful. Lindsey stood up from the couch he was sitting on and stared, causing her to freeze in her tracks, smiling up at him as she then realized he was dressed quite casually.

"I have to change, there's no way I can compare to you," Lindsey walked towards Stevie slowly, taking her hands as he stepped back to look at her again, "I'm so - I can't even think of the word, Stevie, you look absolutely incredible."

"Thanks, I wanted to make sure that I looked my best," her eyes twinkled.

"You always look your best but this..." he placed a fist to his mouth, "...this is breathtaking."

"I'd kiss you but then you'd have red lipstick on," Stevie giggled.

"The fact that the most beautiful woman in the world is standing right in front of me, I could care less about red lipstick on my lips," he expressed.

"Oh, baby," she touched his face, "You have a hard on," Stevie whispered.

Walking off towards the bedroom, he flushed, figuring out what he could wear that could match the glamour that Stevie was representing tonight. He finally came back out wearing black pants, his usual black leather boots, a white collared shirt, and one of his many jackets.

Karen gestured towards him as he stood behind Stevie at the couch, she was just giving Barbara her medicine for the night and then she turned around and smiled; Lindsey winked at her as he popped his collar and she laughed.

"Well, aren't you the cover of GQ," Stevie joked as she stood up to walk around the couch to greet him, taking his face in to her hands and rubbing her nose against his, "My handsome man."

He kissed her, not caring about the lipstick, "My pretty woman."

She touched his lips and then Karen broke up the moment, "Well, you two have fun, and don't worry about Barbara," she held her in her arms, "She's going to be just fine, aren't we?" looking down at the alert infant.

"Just make sure that you keep the baby monitor on if you leave the room," Stevie reminded as Lindsey took her arm and they started for the front door, "And if she cries, take her temperature - if it's high, CALL us, if it's low then check her diaper. If her diaper -"

"Stevie," Lindsey stopped her, "We're not going to be gone for a week, it's just a few hours, I think Karen can handle it," he winked towards her.

"Yes, Stevie, I promise you that she is going to be taken care of - you have my word!" Karen smiled as she followed them to the front door, "Say bye mommy and daddy," she lifted one of Barbara's tiny hands.

"Oh angel," Stevie kissed her daughter on the forehead, "I love you so much," as she placed her cheek up against hers, "I won't be gone long, I promise."

Lindsey touched the back of his daughter's head and then gave her a small kiss on the nose, "Love you, sweetpea."

Once they left the house, Lindsey had big plans for Stevie, driving her out of the city of Malibu and in to a more secluded town; it had Stevie guessing all the way until he pulled up to this adorable looking cottage. It had a long driveway and was located up on a hill, facing a beautiful little river, the trees were lit up with white lights and there were candles leading up the pathway to the front door.

"Lindsey," Stevie said as she leaned forward to look through the window, "What is this? It's beautiful."

He stopped the car and then got out, opening the door for her as she stepped out, "This is my surprise."