Part 9 - Love me like you do

They talked every night, wanting to be as close to each other as possible - even if it wasn't in person, just hearing each others voice was enough for them to go on every day living. Cathryn was five months now and as many ultrasounds and appointments that Stevie attended, Lindsey still had yet to show up; she begged him every time there was one scheduled but he always had something planned. The fear he had for getting caught ran through him wildly, thinking of everything he had built with his children in the last sixteen years. Lindsey had to keep reminding himself that he had a family and that he had responsibilities but that night that he had shared with Stevie where they made love continuously still rang in his mind, wishing that he could revisit that moment as they came together. For her just hearing him whisper how much he loved her in to the phone had been enough while she watched their baby grow, she denied knowing the sex of the child due to the fact that she would not give up with Lindsey being there; Stevie would make him go to that appointment to find out the sex whether he liked it or not.

Being that Stevie had been off work for a few months now, she was starting to become more willing with showing up at events and interviews; the band would be coming out with their new album since they recorded, The Dance, and it was a huge milestone in their careers. It was incredible that a band that has been around for over thirty years was still going on and strong, still able to create incredible music for fans to enjoy.

With the new album, came a party that was to be had at Stevie's Malibu home with whoever was involved on the production of their new songs. It was also going to be one of the few times that Stevie would see Lindsey since he left her bed those weeks before, how could she not go over it in her mind as he entered her home once again?

The few times that they had seen each other had been brief, looking over the few ultrasound photos that Stevie had been collecting, wanting him to be part of this as much as possible; Lindsey was so close to breaking - to showing up at the next appointment, she could feel her goal coming to a head.

As every guest arrived, Stevie had plenty of food and drinks from caterers, having Lindsey bring over the original copy of their album to listen to it fully; everyone was proud of the work put in to it. Especially proud of Stevie for giving in and allowing this album to become a reality.

There was laughter and stories shared through out the small group of people, talking of their favorite songs to what they thought the future of this band may have; Stevie put her foot down with another tour so soon. She was still sort of on a break in her mind but they all knew that she would change her mind on that again eventually.

As Stevie sat with Christine, Lindsey was sitting with Mick and John; there were people scattered all over the house and Stevie couldn't keep her eyes off of her target - which was Lindsey. She would look away when he would look up at her and then so on, almost as if it was a little game they were playing. It was all subtle and no one around them seemed to figure out their obsession with each other as they continued chatting until Stevie started teasing him. First she let her shoe hang off of her foot as she bounced it up and down, hiking up her skirt just a little bit and giving him a glare. Lindsey picked up his bottle of beer and placed it to his lips, gradually licking the opening of the bottle where she grabbed her glass of wine and placed it against her neck, exposing it for him as she flung her hair back. When Stevie laughed, she placed her hand on the side of her neck and rubbed it, moving it slightly down the exposed clevage of her blouse, Lindsey had her full attention and couldn't even focus on his conversation. After Stevie knew that he was having trouble by fidgeting and running his hands through his hair, she took her finger, dipped it in to her glass, tasted it, then began to circle the rim as she glanced across the room at him. He just about had a heart attack.

Eventually, Stevie, gave Lindsey a long stare and then excused herself to the bathroom...Lindsey followed and she knew he would, she waited for him around the corner til he appeared.