Part 34

PART 34

A/N: hey guys, make sure to read part 33 which i posted yesterday! x

- - - - - - - - - - - -

With Matt sitting on my bed, already ready for the day, I got ready in the bathroom. Putting on a small amount of makeup and talking to him with the door open.

"How do guys get ready so fast?" I say in a little louder voice while putting eye shadow from my Naked 2 palette.

Matt laughs, "I don't know, maybe because we don't have to do stuff like that," he says walking into my bathroom.

He stands behind me smiling and running his fingers through my hair, slightly touching my back.

"What?" I giggle, while grabbing my mascara.

"You're so astonishing without even trying. Like without the makeup, you're beautiful. And with the little makeup you wear, you still look gorgeous," he says hugging me from behind.

He starts kissing my neck, moving my hair out of his way.

"Matt, believe me, I want to. But I can't. We made a deal remember? We're not going to kiss, and Jack isn't going to kiss me either. Okay?" I say turning around to face him, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Yeah like that's going to happen," he groans.

"Look, I don't even want to do this today, for obvious reasons. But if we're going to, it has to be fair. Okay?"

He nods and kisses my cheek.

I turn around to face my mirror again and put on some mascara. Matt goes to his room to fix his hair, again, and I put on some shoes and walk out my door.

When I walk to Matt's room I run into Gilinsky.

His hair is wet and he's running his fingers through the strands, getting the hair out of his face.

He has a towel wrapped around his waist, and a toothbrush in his mouth.

He mumbles to me, "See you later," and winks at me.

Fuck.

- - -

20 minutes later.

Matt and I are sitting at a restaurant eating breakfast; it's pretty early in the morning, maybe 8 a.m.

After ordering our food, we start talking about more serious stuff, which I had wanted to avoid.

Matt sips on his orange juice, which he ordered because he happens to hate coffee, and says to me while looking me in the eyes, "You know, I know you're going to pick Jack, Lilian."

I nervously run my thumb around the rim of my coffee cup.

"How are you so sure?" I ask.

"Because I see it. I'm not stupid," he laughs. These words don't come out offensively, actually, he seems calm about it.

"Then why are you sitting with me right now, if you 'know' I'm going to pick him?"

"I wanted to spend time with you before everything changes. Plus, I love starting my day with you," he smiles, and then it leaves his face quickly.

The waitress brings our food, and we start munching on it between words.

"Matt, that's not going to change. You'll always be my best friend. Everyone knows that, and you should, too. And why exactly are you doubting yourself that I won't pick you?" I ask, not avoiding eye contact anymore.