Part 8

PART 8

I pick out a shirt to wear, and put on the vans that Jack had gotten down for me. I look for my old apartment keys, and find them in my bag I brought with me here. Still kind of confused at what just happened with Jack, I walk out of my room and go downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and see it spotless.

Who knew that the boys actually knew how to clean?

I go up to Nash, Cam, and Johnson and say,

“Okay, I’m ready.”

I see GIlinsky staring at me from across the room as he starts walking over to the boys and me.

I see hear him whisper in Johnson’s ear,

“Take care of her, bro.”

Johnson nods and I smile at him letting him know that I heard him.

We start walking out the door and into Cam’s car. I get in the passenger seat beside Cam and turn on the music. All the boys are standing outside waving at us goodbye, when Matt comes over to the car and tells me to roll down my window.

After rolling down my window, he sticks his head inside the car and kisses my cheek, and mutters in my ear,

“You’re all mine tonight, got it baby?”

I widen my eyes, smile, and say, “Got it.”

He goes back towards the front door to stand next to the rest of the guys.

I see Jack staring him down with pure anger in his eyes, and then look back at me to wink at me.

Shit.

As we start to drive away, I see the boys go back inside.

Cam turns the music down to ask me,

“So, where’s this apartment?”

“It’s off of New Hampshire Avenue, on the left.”

“Alright.”

We reach the apartment and Nash gets out first to open the door for me. We all get out of the car and go to my front door. I reach into my pocket and grab the key to open the door. Once we enter, the boys walk around, checking everything out.

I go upstairs, grab my laptop, and a few other things I think I might need.

While grabbing some of my schoolbooks and putting them in a bag, I hear someone walk in behind me.

I turn around, my right shoulder leaning down a little due to the heavy weight of the bag.

“Hey, give me that,” Cam says to me, reaching for the bag.

“You don’t have to, I can take care of myself you know.”

“I want to, plus, I think we saw how well you could take care of yourself at the party. We just want to take care of you, okay?”

“Thanks for that by the way, I don’t know what would’ve happened if you and Nash hadn’t come. And I guess I’m just not used to people wanting to take care of me, it’s always just been myself, like-“

He puts his finger over my lip to stop myself from going further with words and says,

“Well, you don’t ever have to worry about that again. You’ve got us now, and with us, you’ve got everything. Whatever you want, need, anything, you will get. We’ve got you; we’re going to take care of you. Understand?”

I nod, and he kisses my forehead. We head back downstairs and tell the boys that I got what I needed, and we can go now. We leave the apartment and I think to myself,