CHAPTER 11

An hour later we all arrived at the meet-up spot. We had decided on bowling since it was the most cost-efficient for all of us. Being college students and all. Arriving at the bowling alley, I was greeted by the smell of pizza and hotdogs. The soft blaring of Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood surrounds us. The bowling alley was dimly lit with neon lights and dope murals on the wall as a design. After surveying the area we walked to the counter to pay for expenses and get our shoes. Everyone walks away to our designated booth and I stay by the register and talk to the clerk.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but I have a quick question," I ask.

"Of course, how can I help you?" The clerk asks nicely.

"Do you by any chance know who painted the murals on the wall? I'm a painter and I just wanted to talk to whoever did because it's very dope," I ask hopefully.

"Unfortunately I just started working here but I can always ask my manager if I find him around here," She says apologetically.

"Oh don't worry about it, thank you so much," I say quickly, "Oh by the way, what's your name?" I ask

"Vicky," She replies, "Thank you for your well Vicky, you're doing an awesome job," I say smiling softly and walk away not before I catch blushing softly. How adorable.

Sitting down to change out my shoes, I feel a presence next to me and turn to see Yon. I smile softly at her. These days we haven't been seeing each other as much as we used to. Being busy with life and other things, and with other things I mean .. boys. I know you don't even have to say anything.

"Babe, you need to tell Jeno that I was first, you are mine," I say in mock possessiveness. Causing her to giggle. "We need to have a girl's night, just us no boys and distractions," I nod in agreement grab her elbow, and walk toward the runway. I quickly glance over toward the boys and find them chatting animatedly. I focus my attention on Rom and I see him smiling. I feel myself smiling softly, he definitely needed this. 

Getting up I extend my hand towards Yon and pull her up, "Let's do this babe," I reply and we both walk towards the machine. The boys gather around us as we put our names in. Yon walks over to Jeno's side and they whisper to each other lovingly I smile looking at them. Love is so beautiful. 

Walking towards the rack of the bowling balls, I pick each one up to see what would work for me. Not even realizing how focused I was I didn't notice a figure walking towards me. 

"Hi Cléo," I hear from behind me causing me to flinch. I turn around to find Rom behind me attempting to hide his laughter.

"Bro, don't do that, why you gotta sneak up on me like that," I utter annoyed. "Something funny to you," Inching towards him and smacking his shoulder while he laughs, and I couldn't help but laugh as well. Seeing him be happy made me happy. It's like the Roman I saw yesterday had disappeared and has been replaced with this happy one.

"Sorry, it's just that you looked so scared, it was funny," He says finally calming down. And I just stared at him.

"Whatever, are you ready to be a sore loser," I say smirking up at him.

"Oh don't get cocky now, some call me a pro bowler, don't play with me," He says cockily. 

"Oh, it's on, loser does anything the winner says," I say, "Shake on it," stretching my hands towards him, "I wouldn't want it any other way," He replies grabbing my hands and shaking it while smirking.

"Guys, everything is set up, let's go," I hear Tako say and we finally tear my eyes away from his and walk towards the lane.

"Ok guys, I'll go first," I exclaim excitedly, grabbing my bowling ball and walking towards the platform. I focus my eyes on bowling pins and pull my hands back, I stroll and swing the ball with a lot of momentum and watch it roll down the lane, just for it to fall in the gutter. I froze in embarrassment. What The Hell. I turn around smiling awkwardly.