CHAPTER 9

I quickly make it to the cafeteria and order some chicken soup and some warm buns for Roman and myself.  What can I say bread is good. As I waited for the order I quickly text Yon to inform her about what happened. Not the part that Roman is crying but a heads up about Roman being in our room. 

15 minutes later I heard my name being called and I walk towards the counter and grab the food. I say a quick thank you and make my way back to the dorm. As I make my way back to the dorm I hear my phone ringing and I look on my phone to see that an unknown number is calling me. I hesitate for a second and then pick up.

"Hello?" I say warily 

"Hey Cléo, it's me Tako," said the stranger who I immediately recognized as Tako.

"Hey Tako, how are you?" I say.

"I'm doing good, uh, quick question, do you know where Rome is? I've been looking for him and his phone is off. His mum told me to check on him but I can't if I can't reach him," He said briskly.

"Rome's in my room, he came over and he wasn't in the best shape," I say quietly, "do you know what happened to him?" I ask hoping to get an answer as to why Rom came to my room looking like that.

"His mother didn't explain why, she just wanted me to make sure he was okay and to check up on him," He said.

"Ok, well I'm at my dorm now, so I gotta go, but I'll update you later if anything changes," I say reaching in my pocket for my key. 

"Alright, and Cléo," He says. I hum responding not wanting to make noise as I enter my room quietly.

"Thank you," He says softly.

"You're welcome," I say softly and end the call. I quickly glance up at my bed and see that Roman is still asleep. I softly put the food on my desk, go to the bathroom, and wash my hands. I can take a shower later, right now my main priority is Roman. Once I make it out of my room I walk softly to my bed and gently put my hand on Roman's head and caress his head.

"Hey hun, wake up, I got some soup for you," I whisper to him softly. He moves slightly but doesn't budge. He leans into my hands and I hold back the urge to aww at him. I try to wake him up again but with a little force, and this time that seemed to do the job. He woke up and looked around as if he was processing where he was. He looks at me and smiles softly."You're here," He says groggily and smiles softly. I smile back in return and reach for my head again.

"I am, and I got you some soup and freshly baked buns, hmm," I say softly, "so why don't you go freshen up in the bathroom, and when you come back it'll be ready to eat yeah," I say helping him get off the bed and slowly and towards the bathroom.

"Under the sink cabinet there's extra towels and toothbrushes," I say softly as I close the bathroom door to give him some privacy.

I walk towards our mini kitchen and grab some spoons and bowls from the cupboard. I grab the bag that contains the food and evenly distribute it in the bowls. I grab a little plate and put the warm buns on them as well. I warm up some water and make some chamomile tea. 5 minutes later I hear the bathroom door open and see Roman walking out slowly towards the table. He pulls a seat and sits down, while I gently push the food towards him. He grabs the spoon gently and takes some slow sips. 

For a while, the only noise you could hear in the room was spoons clanging against the bowl and slight sipping noises. I for one am not a fan of silence. I find myself picking at my nails and humming lightly. A habit I've grown accustomed to whenever I feel nervous or awkward. Not being able to take the silence anymore I cough slightly. I try to start a conversation but I don't even know where to begin.

"I like your hair," Roman says lowly.

I chuckle softly, "Thanks, I got it done earlier this week." I say finishing the last bit of soup I have left. 

"Why did you change it, the other one was pretty too, not saying this one is not pretty, but you know," He said rumbling cutely and I chuckled.

"No it's, I just changed it cause I felt the need to do something different. Whenever I feel like I'm not in control of something I changed my appearance in some way." I say getting up from the table and walking towards the sink. 

"Oh," He says playing around with the soup a little bit, noticing this I walk back towards the table, " You done with that? I can wash it up for you, you could get some more rest." I say and he nods. I grab his stuff and head to the sink to wash them. I turn around to find the table empty and find Roman back in my bed all snuggled up, cute. I dry my hands quickly and walk towards the bed and approach Roman. 

"You okay, you need anything right now?" I ask softly. I know I said I would be able to take of Roman right now but I feel so nasty right now. I desperately need to take a shower. I can almost feel the dirt crawling on my body and I've ignored it long enough.

"No," He said, "Okay I'm going to take a shower quickly and I'll be back," I said turning but before I could turn around I felt a loose grip on my hand. I turn to find Roman staring at me.

"Yeah, hun, you need something?" I ask quietly. 

"Thank you Cléo, I don't deserve this after the way I've been treating you. From the bottom of my heart I appreciate everything you're doing for me," He says softly. I inhale sharply taken aback by this. In the past whenever I take care of people I never get a thank you, or even an acknowledgment and I know that when you do something you shouldn't expect anything in return but it's disheartening, so to hear this I was almost brought to tears. I couldn't help but wrap my arms around his neck and hug him lightly.

"You're so welcome Rome, I'll be a shoulder for you to cry on if you need anything," I say gently rubbing his hair. "Not to be a mood dumper but I really need to shower," I say letting go of him and we both chuckle.

 I quickly walk to my closet and grab some comfy clean clothing and race to the bathroom. As I close the door I lean against the door. What a day. I slowly walk towards my side of the sink and wash my hands and start with my skincare routine. I enter the shower and exfoliate like usual and just sit under the shower and let the water run down my back. I let out a deep sigh and just think about everything that happened today. When I started to get lightheaded I knew it was time for me to get out of the shower. I walk towards my sink and start my skincare. I brush my teeth and put on some clothing and just like that I'm done.

I open my bathroom door and walk towards my bed to find Roman staring up into space. I also find a duffel bag on it as well.

Turning towards Roman I ask, "What's that?" I say. 

"It's some extra clothing I asked Jeno to grab for me, I wanted to be in some fresh clothing before I go to sleep," He says getting off the bed. I look up at him questionably, "You're staying the night ?" I asked. I'm not going to act surprised, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making any assumptions and being disappointed. Not that I wanted him to stay over or anything like it nice to have someone to stay wit- ,"Is it cool for me to stay the night?" Roman says breaking me out of my trance.

"Yeah, yeah it's cool. Uh, you know where the bathroom is," I say quickly and push him toward the bathroom. I find myself giggling like a schoolgirl. And I stop, what the fuck, what am I doing. I run to my bed and jump on it and start giggling again swinging my feet. Ok, ok I'll stop it now, I'm sorry I can't help it. Now I know I just met the guy and it seems like we're going too fast but maybe I have an eensy weensy tiny witty itty bitty crush on Roman. I mean can you blame me he's cute and isn't to express his emotions so can you really blame a girl? In between my feet swinging and squealing into my pillow I didn't realise that the bathroom door had opened up and Roman walking towards my bed.

"You okay," He says chuckling softly. "You've been under there for a while," He says. I quickly remove the blanket from over my head.

I chuckle awkwardly, "Yeah, I just uh, I uh lost my phone under my bed and I was uh.. looking for it yeah," I say. 

"Oh yeah, the phone you left in the bathroom in the charge?" He said chuckly while slowly walking towards me. I quickly jump out my bed and laugh, of course I left my phone in the bathroom.