CHAPTER 7

Breakfast with Roman was not what I expected. He was engaging and our conversations just flowed with ease. It was nice having someone other than Yonhee to talk to, not that I don't appreciate our conversations but getting a new perspective on things was always refreshing. After breakfast, we promised to meet up again and before we left we decided to exchange numbers and socials.

That was two weeks ago.

After our initial meeting, I had texted Rome and asked if he wanted to finish our movie marathon and was left on read. I asked if he wanted to get lunch and I was left on read once again, I then texted him a third time but this time I was ultimately left on delivered.

At first, I was deeply hurt by this. I mean I felt like I had finally made a friend and this is what I get in return. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because we recently became friends and our friendship started in an unorthodox way, but he could text back at least once. Before it was sadness but now it's just turned to anger. This is why I never want to try with people. You give your all and they prove why they can't be trusted.

Every day I was hoping he would answer. I would get a notification and jump up just to be disappointed. I even asked Tako and Jeno if anything was wrong, and every time I asked it was the same answer. 'He's okay', 'He's fine', 'His phone works'. I was starting to think that I was the problem. Maybe I was being too pushy? Maybe I came off too strong, maybe I was questioning him too much and he didn't like that.

He did seem a bit uncomfortable when we were talking about relationships but I cut it off as soon as I realized he was uncomfortable. All I've been doing since that day was overthinking every interaction we've ever had, which is minimal might I add.

Here I am now, at work again. The same boring cycle but at least I have a new hairstyle. I like to change up my appearance whenever I feel the slightest inconvenience and this whole situation was inconveniencing me. Not wanting to waste any more time thinking about it, I decided to clean up the shop a little bit. The shop has been doing well recently so we've been having constant rushes throughout the day. Hearing the doors jingle I look up to greet the customers coming in and to my pleasant surprise I see Yon and Jeno walking through the door. What made me even more excited was the fact that Yon was holding a bag of Chic Fil A making my day 10 times better.

"Thank you so much baby, you don't understand how much I needed this today," I said. Happily opening the bag and inhaling the heavenly fumes. I quickly told my manager I was going on my lunch break and I would be back soon. I quickly usher Yon and Jeno out and ask them to follow me. I know this really cool spot by the park that allows you to see the whole city. Quickly finding a spot to sit I ask Yon and Jeno to sit while I say grace quickly and grab my mini-sanitizer to clean my hands.

"Oh my, Cléo this place is so beautiful, how did you find it?" Yon asks as she leans against Jeno while they both admire the view. I pause for a moment chewing slowly so I don't choke on my food.

"After work one day, I didn't want to come home early so I decided to take a walk, and I ended up here, ever since then I come here to relax," I say while quickly grabbing a waffle fry to munch on. A couple of minutes later I finish my meal and turn towards Yon and Jeno, "Well I'm going to go ahead and head back to work, you guys can stay here as long as you want," I say standing up and dusting my bum.

"Bye jagi, see you soon," Yon says smiling at me lightly, "Bye my love, and thank you again, Yon I really appreciate you," I say smiling at her as well. I send Jeno a quick wave as well and walk back toward the store. Soon I'm back at the store and the smell of records and woody musk fills my nose. I yell a quick I'm back to my manager and return back to the front desk.

The first couple minutes were slower but after a while, we got a rush again this time though I was definitely more energized and relaxed. Nothing but food and a nice walk in the park to bring me solace.

The next couple of hours flew by and before I knew it, it was time for me to leave for the day. I quickly clocked out and headed out to my dorm.

--------------------------------------------༺✩༻----------------------------------

Making it back to my room, I knock on the door this time making sure that I wasn't walking into something I would regret. Again. I slowly open the door and enter and I'm hit with the smell of my air refresher and I feel at home. My room is my safe space and I love how homey Yon and I made it.

I quickly ran to my bathroom and handle my business before changing out my work clothes into something more comfy and crash on my bed. I quickly grab my Mac and open up Youtube, knowing today was Sunday I knew my favorite creator Monet McMichael usually uploads her weekly vlogs. I click on her recent post and get comfortable.

I love Sundays. Not just because Monet posts on Sunday but it's a reminder that a new week has started and whatever happened in the past happened in the past. Sundays are my reset days, the day that makes me feel renewed and rejuvenated. About 30 minutes into Monet's vlog I hear a knock. I pause for a moment, maybe it's coming from the vlog? Quickly dismissing it I unpause the vlog and continue but I hear another knock, this time I'm sure at my door. I pause the vlog once and again and walk up to my door.

"Who is it," I asked.

"It's me," The person on the other side said.

"I need you to be more specific," I say, what do you mean it's me.

"Roman, it's me, Roman," I pause a moment and freeze. What the hell is he doing in front of my door after ghosting me for two weeks? Especially on my day of relaxation. The audacity of this man.

"What do you want?" I asked sharply.

"I want to apologize," He says, "Can you just open the door so I can do this properly, " He pauses for a moment, "Please." He says pleadingly.

"Give me one good reason why I should open the door," I say fed up already. I don't really want my night to be ruined by some boy who obviously likes to mess with people's feelings.

Now I know you may think I'm being petty and extra, but how would you feel if you thought you were forming a friendship with someone and then they ghost you, even after you reached out, not once but three times? Okay, that's what I thought. I'm distracted from my thought process when I hear another knock on the door.

"Just five minutes, I just need five minutes to explain and I'll leave," I hear him say pleadingly. After contemplating for a bit I open my door slowly to find Roman looking at me with red-rimmed eyes.

For a minute, I pause and inhale sharply. Forget being mad at him, right now he looks like he needs someone to comfort him and I'll be that person. I'm not going to let my anger make me an asshole to someone who obviously needs help.

"Come here Rom," I say softly and he just falls apart in my arms. He wraps his arms around my waist tightly. His head falls into my neck and sobs just rack his whole body.