Blake just rolls her eyes as she quickly replies.

Blake: "Of course, she was. She's still wearing formal guard uniform."

Both Y/N and Sun turn their attention to Kali with Sun's eyes bulging out.

Sun: "Wait, that's the formal guard uniform?!"

Y/N #3: "Explains why it looks... similar to the Menagerie guard uniform."

Kali just giggle at their remarks before stating.

Kali: "Oh, it had a few modifications for everyday use, but I always like the way it looks and hugs my figure."

Blake: "Ahem! I even worn outfits like that for the formal events."

Y/N #3: "Oh, that makes sense. I always find it odd that they look alike with Kali's outfit."

Sun: "Well, I never seen them before."

Blake: "Why's that-?"

Blake soon realizes something. Sun never actually went to these formal events and quite possibly never seen a woman in dressed uniform.

Blake: "Oh right. You never went there. Only me and Y/N did."

Sun: "Pretty much."

Ghira loudly clear his throat to gain their attention, while also taking control of the conversation.

Ghira: "With Kali's prior work, she was a natural fit and easily overqualified for the job. Besides, this will possibly push people towards favoring the democratic council movement that I've been working on the last few years. Having blatant corruption in the face of the populace might spur the people to push for change in the system."

Blake: "The only change that might happen is your removal from office."

Ghira just give her a warm smile, sensing the concern in her voice.

Ghira: "It's a risk I'm willing to take. There's a known active terrorist threat that has already tried to undermine the leadership of Menagerie and attempted assassination on my family. If extreme action isn't warranted now, then when? While I appreciate the good I can do while in office, my family comes first as does the well-being of my people."

Sighing, Blake put her head in one of her hands as Sun takes the chance to ask Kali something.

Sun: "Why did you left the captain position in the first place?"

Y/N #3: "Yeah, what's the reason?"

Both Kali and Ghira stare at each other with warm smiles on their faces, leaning together and holding one another as Kali replies.

Kali: "Well... I fell in love. And with Ghira being a major political activist, it made it hard to be disinterested. Ultimately, I chose to have a family with him over my career."

Her remark makes Blake embarrassed as she glances over to Y/N before shifting her gaze away when he does look at her. Changing the topic, Ghira chimes in once again. 

Ghira: "Don't worry, Blake. This appointment is only temporary. If the council voted unanimously to override me, the appointment will be drop. Luckily, there's a few voices of reason among the elders, at least for now. So, we have a little time to work with. Possibly two or three months at least. If we work hard enough, it should be enough time to figure out what the White Fang are trying to do in the long run and find a way to stop it."

Blake is quite amazed by her father's remark as she responds.

Blake: "I'm surprised how carefree you guys are being. Especially at the possibility of losing your jobs and position."