"Tell her I said hi."

Austin let a groan fall from his lips, hands covering his face as he let his back hit the bed.

•••

Ramona stopped in her tracks at the sound of her phone ringing.

Josie quickly picked it up before she could touch it, "It's Ryder."

"I thought so. Give me that." She gently snatched the device out of the thirteen year olds hand.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mom."

"Ryder, honey, you were supposed to be home a few hours ago." She spoke softly, "If you're with Austin then that's fine but I need you let me know if you aren't coming home."

"I know, i'm sorry."

"Look, I know you're upset about Derek but that doesn't mean you can just go off without telling any of us." Ramona told her, referring to herself, Aaron and Josie.

"I know, mom. Uhm— I called let you know that we stopped at weird stinky hotel."

"How bad?" Ramona winced.

"Like mold on the walls, hardly any resident, in the middle of no where kind of bad."

Ramona placed a hand to her head, "Oh, I feel faint. Ryder..."

"It's called Motel Glen Capri. I just figured i'd let you know where to find my body in case I drop dea—"

"Ryder!"

"Sorry." The blonde quickly said, "How are you, mom?"

"I'm okay. Derek Hale is a Hale, I don't think he's actually dead, Ry."

"No?"

"Not one bit." Ramona said, aggressively gesturing for Josie to wash her dish, "Cora's back. Those Hales don't stay dead for long."

"Has she come by?"

Ryder was almost scared to hear the answer. She knew for a fact that the youngest Hale wasn't too okay with expressing her feelings. Hell, they had only shared a simple hug when they finally reunited, but then again, that was partially Ryder's fault.

She, too, wasn't much for affection.

"No, you shouldn't have expected her to."

"I didn't, but it doesn't hurt to ask."

Ramona hummed, "How are you, Ryder?"

"I'm okay."

"Are you actually okay?"

"Yeah, I cried for bit but—"

"You cried?!" Josie screeches, dropping a fork in the sink as she ran to stand next to her mother.

"Yeah, Josephine, is that a problem?" Ryder rolled her eyes, absentmindedly walking further away from her room.

"It's not a problem at all, I just haven't seen you cry since you were in eighth grade."

"So what?"

"So... was Austin there?"

"Yeah, he was."

Josie giggled, "Did you cry into his shoulder like the movies? Did he play with your hair until you were done letting your emotions out? Did he—"

"Josephine." Ramona chastised.

"Sorry."

As the girl left to go finish her chores, Ramona narrowed her eyes while speaking lowly into the phone, "Do you love him?"

"We've only been together for six months, mom."

"I got married to your father after only four years of being together. Imagine how little time it took for us to drop the 'L' word."

The girl shrugged, choosing the sarcastic route for her response, "I'd say about four days."

"Three months."

"That can't be healthy."

•••

"We've been together for over eleven years, Ryder."

"Longer than i would have ever gone." She mumbled, shoes scrapping against the concrete as she made her way down the halls. Stopping short as she spotted Boyd hovering around a vending machine.

Choosing not to possibly bother him, she stayed a safe distance away from him.

"What I'm saying is, is that it isn't always a bad thing to fall in love so easily. Austin seems like a genuine and sweet kid, okay? He's in love with you, I'm sure of it. I doubt the last thing he wants to risk is hurting you. I'm your mother, Ryder, I wouldn't say something like that if I didn't believe it."

"I know."

"Yo. Hey. That was the same thing I was gonna get."

Ryder turned around at the sound of Stiles' voice.

"Oh, hang on. You know what? I got a patented method for this. Don't worry."

She finds herself suddenly gasping in shock as Boyd blatantly ignores Stiles' presence and punches his fist through the vending machine glass.

Gapping in shock, Ryder cleared her throat before speaking, "Uhm, mom. I have to go."

"Okay. Think about what I said, alright?"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too, hon."

"What the hell was that?" Ryder asked, watching Boyd's retreating figure.

Stiles lifted his shoulders before dropping them, "Maybe he's just really upset about Derek."

"Right." She narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

Stiles swallowed awkwardly, lifting his hand to show her a candy bar, "Snickers?"

A/N: is there anything specific y'all wanna see in upcoming seasons/episodes/chapters ?