Chapter 41

Afterwards, Sun Shi sent someone to send the invitation to Hu Rong. Although it was a little unbelievable that Hu Rong had accepted the invitation, she didn't say anything in the end.

After all, a person has a their own choice, and she may feel that it would be embarrassing to be criticized behind her back. However, Hu Rong may not necessarily think the same way.

Hu Rong went as the wife of the Duke of Fu Guo, with a status equivalent to that of the Duke of Zhen Guo and a personal decree from the emperor. Currently, Gu Wenxuan has returned to the Ministry of Personnel, and he is in charge of the promotion of officials of all sizes, so no one will embarrass Hu Rong in person.

On the day of birthday celebration, Hu Rong went out with Mrs. Gu and Sun Shi early in the morning.

The mansion of Duke Zhen Guo is much bigger than the Gu mansion. Seeing their group coming, Mrs. Huang immediately stepped forward to greet them.

She had already met Hu Rong, after all, she had attended many banquets of all sizes during this period, but the two had never had a face-to-face conversation. She instinctively avoided the people in Gu Mansion, and naturally, Mrs. Gu and her two daughter-in-law did the same.

She has never invited the Gu family before. Firstly, the two families have no relative relationship, and their ancestors have nothing to do with each other. Moreover, they are the Duke's mansion, which is much higher than the other party's title. It is unnecessary. Secondly, the situation back then was somewhat awkward, and it can only be said that the two children still had no fate.

But now Gu Wenxuan is working in the Ministry of Officials and has been named Duke of the State. Theoretically speaking, his status is no different from their family now, and he is valued by the emperor. If he can speak to the emperor and transfer their son back from the border. When the time comes, the family will be reunited again, which would be great.

That's why this time she sent the invitations to Gu Mansion. Although Hu Rong was born in the countryside, her appearance and manners are not bad. She also had a decree from the emperor, and was still the wife of the Duke. She is really similar to these aristocratic ladies in the capital.

However, Mrs. Gu and Sun Shi were a little worried after all, but until the end of the banquet, they felt that they were overthinking too much. Even those who watched the play were surprised. Mrs. Huang was very kind and warm to Hu Rong. The young lady of Zhen Guo Gong's family was still unwell, so she didn't show up from the beginning to the end.

It seems that they really thought too much.

After being in Beijing for many days, Hu Rong already has a solid idea about making friends. When it comes to making friends with ladies, it's not just about family relationships, but also about clan relationships. However, the most important thing is still about the grade and rank of the man in her family.

As the villagers used to say, the rich have distant relatives in the mountains, and the poor have no one to ask on the streets.

If your man is capable, even if it's just a distant cousin, someone will approach you intimately and want to have a relationship with you, so that they can move around easily in the future. If your man is not capable and has no title, even if it is very close relative, they would want to cut ties with your family.

So Hu Rong has never taken the initiative to make friends, and it's not that she can't notice when someone is secretly attempting to curry favors with her, but she avoids bringing it up first, so that she won't lose face.

But if Hu Rong really does this, it will embarrass Gu Wenxuan. After all, with Gu Wenxuan's current status, he doesn't need to flatter others, but it's other people who have to curry favor with him.