Chapter 16

"Young Mistress, this is a tonic soup, drink it while it's hot." Bai Momo handed Hu Rong the soup she had just made.

When Hu Rong heard this, she put down the book in her hand, picked up the soup, and drank it without saying a word.

"Thanks for your hard work." Hu Rong wiped the corners of her mouth after drinking.

Gu Wenxuan also told her that Nanny Bai came from a medical family and had a little understanding of medical theory. She also made this soup herself. It is not only good for women's health, but also helps to conceive.

Bai Momo smiled and took the empty bowl that Hu Rong handed over.

"This is something that should be done," Bai Momo said and left.

Hu Rong continued to listen to her teacher's lecture on women's studies. She was absent-minded and touched her belly unconsciously. They had been married for several months now.

Gu Wenxuan worked hard at night, why is her stomach still not moving?

Thinking of this, she sighed unconsciously.

She was originally from a poor background, so if she had no children, even if Gu Wenxuan was kind to her, her mother-in-law might not necessarily feel the same in the future.

Thinking about her fourth sister-in-law and fifth sister-in-law, because they didn't have a son, they were ridiculed by Mrs. Hu from time to time.

"Young mistress, don't worry, this matter still depends on fate. My natal sister was impatient when she got married for a year and had no children. Later, she realized that the more stressed she was, the worse her health would be."

"After you relax, you will have it in two months. Madam, you and the young master are strong and healthy, so don't worry."

The teacher looked at Hu Rong and comforted her.

Hu Rong nodded along. It seems that this matter really cannot be rushed, and it is better to relax and wait for the future.

Then she continued to listening attentively to the teacher's lecture.

At this time, at the Hu family in Shangyang Village, Mrs. Hu was lying on the bed, and Mr. Hu was basking in the sun outside.

The eldest brother went to work in the field, and his wife was busy cleaning up the house. Their son went to study in a school in the village.

Speaking of which, everyone in the Hu family couldn't believe it. Since the separation, Mrs. Hu and Mr. Hu, who seemed to be diligent and capable, stopped working and just rested at home, saying that they wanted to take care of themselves.

You must know that before, if any of them dared to be lazy and not work, Mr. Hu and Mrs. Hu could chase them with sticks and beat them, and it would be light punishment to scold them for a day and a night.

They also rented out the four acres of land reserved for themselves, collected rent, and said to the outside world that they were too old to work.

This made eldest brother's family, who thought they could get a few more acres of land, not as happy as before. Now it seems that their family is raising an old couple, but in fact, they only have one more acres of land and one room more than the others.

Seeing this, the other brothers of the Hu family felt a lot more balanced.

It seems that their parents still have other plans in their hearts, so what if they gave the eldest son an extra acre of land. Perhaps, the few acres of land will belong to the other brothers in the future. Thinking about it this way, they didn't lose much.

As long as they send filial piety to them during the festivals and allow their children to visit more frequently, they may have a better chance of receiving more fields to them in the future.

"You take good care of our parents and make them happy. After all, they are old. Those acres may be ours in the future. When you have nothing to do, let our son hang out in front of the old couple. They also like him the most."

When the eldest Hu brother returned from the outdoors, he glanced at his wife and spoke to her in the kitchen while washing his hands.

"I know, don't worry."

Today's Hu family looks like a big family on the outside, but inside, each family is surrounded by fences, as if they have their own lives.

The relationship between the brothers is normal, so it's even more uninteresting, except for going out to say hello every day, they don't talk much.

In the county government office, Gu Wenxuan and Hu Rong finished their dinner, and they took a walk in the small garden in the backyard to digest food.

A tall and handsome man extended out his arms to embrace his petite and beautiful wife, as they walked together in a small garden.

The two whispered a few words from time to time, looking very affectionate.

"Madam, I have to go to Fucheng in a few days, why don't you go with me?" Gu Wenxuan thought for a long time before he spoke.

He doesn't know why the magistrate asked them to go there, but the official documents have already been delivered, so there is no reason not to go.

Gu Wenxuan thought that their county is not as good as Fucheng, if he takes Hu Rong there, he can take her to explore Fucheng when he has time.

It's been a while since the two got married, and they've only visited Songyang County, and haven't been to faraway places. It would be good to take her for a walk by taking this opportunity.

In the past few years, Hu Rong was locked up at home on the grounds of protecting her from danger. After getting married, she went out with Gu Wenxuan for a few times in the county.

Hearing what Gu Wenxuan said, she nodded immediately, looking very excited, Gu Wenxuan reached out and touched her head, and kissed her on the forehead.