Part Nine

I smile and then take my dirty clothes back to my dorm where Zoey is putting on a new diaper.

She tosses her old one away and I scrunch my face in disgust. I hide the open package and hoped she didn't notice it.

^*^*^*^*^*^

Breakfast passes slowly and I can't help but think about Shane. The words he spoke to me the night I wanted to escape.

But then I remember when we didn't have to worry about feelings.

It was just him and I. We were like four when we met.

"Kimmy! Come out here honey!" I run from my bedroom to see what my mommy wants. I see her and my daddy but then I see some other people and I little boy. He hides behind a lady.

"Say hi to Shane, Kim," my daddy bends down and holds out his hand. I grab it and find the boy still hiding but now he hides between two ladies.

"Shane, this is Kimmy. You two will be best friends," a lady says.

The lady woman calls roll. I shift in my seat and feel a little uncomfortably in the diaper.

Shane turns to me and whispers, "are you wearing a diaper like they want you to?"

"No! Why would I?"

"Nothing," he sighs and turns back around. Why can't we be six again?

"Kimmy! Let's go outside and play superheroes!"

"Okay Shane!" We get up and run outside passing by our parents sitting on my couch.

"Be careful!" They yell. We just keep running out side and the door shuts behind us.

"Into the woods!" I dash to the trees and I keep exploring.

Shane laughs and follows. "I'm the superhero!"

"And I'm the villain!" I yell. I grab a stick and I hold it up. "But I'm a evil witch! Ha!"

He grabs a stick and holds it up, "You will never win evil witch!"

"Yes I will!" I hit his small stick and knock it out of his hands.

"Ah!" He yells and runs out. I chase him and pretend to zap him.

"Zip! Zip! Zap! Ha now you're a frog!"

"Ribbit ribbit!" He hops like a frog. I point the stick to myself.

"Zap! I'm a frog too! Ribbit ribbit!" I hop with him then we get tired and lay in the grass.

Class passes by as quick as breakfast. I'm trying to figure out when Shane started to love me, where did he start the signs?

I remember when we started the forever thing. We were both almost seven and in his room. He randomly freaks out.

"Kimmy!"

"What?" I drop the truck.

"We should have a secret confirmation code!"

"What?"

"Or a signal to show our best friendship!"

"Like what? A handshake?"

"Yeah!"

"Okay what will we do?"

"How about we do this." He holds his pinky out.

"What do you want me to do with it?"