Chapter 71

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

We were walking for an insane amount of time. Ryu Chungwoo, who took the lead in the march, finally spoke up.

"Mister?"

"Yes?"

"Um, how much further do we have to move?"

The bird researcher smiled brightly.

"You have to walk until you see a migratory bird!"

"Oh," Keun Sejin quickly stepped in, "when will be able to find one?"

"Only God knows~"

I could feel everyone freezing around me at the bird researcher's words, but again, Keun Sejin took over damage control.

"Ah, of course. But God blessed me with good luck, so I hope I can find one soon, right guys?"

It was a signal not to ruin the atmosphere of the entertainment show and to laugh.

"I have good eyes, so I'll find one before you," Seungmin smiled. It was the first time he talked during the journey.

"Alright, let's make this a bet then!"

"Competition!" Cha Eugene cheered.

So, the mood was luckily saved, and the march continued.

There were endless reservoirs and greenery that followed. At this point, I was thinking this would turn out to be a nature documentary instead.

Fortunately, Keun Sejin and Ryu Chungwoo were constantly talking to the bird researcher, and Seungmin was busy taking care of Eugene's mood. I think the bird researcher was happy with the chattering.

"That's why Korean crow-tits are like this in the summer~ they're so thin."

"Oh, so then the pictures we usually see on the internet are from the winter!"

"That's right!"

Thanks to these conversations, I just had to react from time to time without formulating any coherent thoughts myself.

And finally, at some point, the bird researcher finally raised his arm.

"There...Do you see the willow tree? There's a bird!"

Faces brightened in an instant at the thought that the march was finally over.

Cha Eugene tried to run toward it, but the man grabbed his shoulder.

"Don't get too close! It'll run away. Come on, let's sit down and move."

So, everyone, including the production team, began to move forward while squatting like we were doing some militia training.

"I know why the first episode failed," I thought bitterly.

We stopped only a bit closer to the tree. I couldn't even see the bird with my naked eye.

Ryu Chungwoo, who was looking at the camera next to me, muttered awkwardly, "I'd rather shoot the bird..."

"...?"

I ignored the strange remark and lifted the camera in my hands. It reminded me a bit of the old days when I would rent club equipment to take pictures.

I fiddled with the low-end camera and focused on the small blue bird. The control and resolution weren't so bad. It was a usable camera.

I took a picture successfully before the bird threw around some small branches with its beak.

"Excuse me, I took a picture, but I don't know what species this is," I said, showing the camera screen to the bird researcher.