BOOK TWO-Prologue

Start from the beginning

"You know my mother is going to kill you right?" I hum as Alex finishes up.

"Well your mother wants to kill me for a lot of things." Alex shuts the supply box and grabs their bag, placing it over their shoulder.

"I swear ever since I've met you, she's gotten worse." I comment as I stand up, grabbing my bag and putting it over my shoulder. I then grab the medical supply box and we make our way towards my home.

"Age does that to a woman. One day they're completely sane and the next they're totally insane." Alex admits.

"What are you? A scientist?" I tease.

"A doctor actually." Alex states, "so get your facts straight."

Ever since the Hunter's Exam, I've improved a lot.

We finally arrived at my house to see the store strangely closed. "Weird." I comment as I gesture Alex to follow me to the back door.

Alex follows closely behind me, "I've never been in your actual house before."

"It's nothing too exciting." I say walking toward the back door. I reach into my bag and pull out my keys and then put them into the door knob. I twist the key as the door unlocks and we step inside.

"Woah, this is your living room? Crazy!" Alex exclaims.

"It's just a living room?" I wonder aloud as I take my key out the door and shut it behind us.

"Mom?!" I yell, "I'm back!"

I hear her faintly say that she's in the kitchen as I gesture for Alex to follow me. We enter the kitchen to see my mom putting butter on the dough for the bread. "Mom, why is the shop closed?"

"Oh it's because your sister is out babysitting and I'm busy preparing for a restock." My mom explains, "we would be open, but somebody would rather train with that...thing, rather than to help her own family."

"That's really rude to say mom." I speak up.

"And I should care why?" My mother asks.

"I—...never mind."

My mother smirks, clearly satisfied with herself. She then looks at me and notices my bandaged up arm. She quickly looks at Alex with narrow eyes, "what did you do to my daughter you thing?!"

"Mom it was my fault." I comment.

"Uh uh! I don't care. What did you do?!"

"It was just training. Your kid is fine." Alex waves it off.

"I want you out of my house!" My mother yells.

"Whatever. I'll see you when you come back from York New." Alex says to me as I nod with a smile. Alex waves goodbye and leaves my house, leaving me with my pissed off mother.

"Anyway, I'm going to—."

"You're not going anywhere." My mother speaks up. "We need to have a talk."

"Mom if this is about Alex, it doesn't matter anymore. I'm leaving for York New in the morning...it's not like Alex is following me."

My mom shakes her head, "it's not about...them...it's about that assassin."

"Killua?"

She nods and bites her lip, almost like she doesn't want to say something. She finally takes a breath and tells me, "I won't be able to protect you if he does something to you. It just...worries me."

"Mom, I'll be okay. We talk like...everyday. It'll be fine. Trust me. He won't hurt me, plus if he tries I can always teleport away." I admit, "I'll be really safe."