So Much More Than Cute. [AustinCarlile] {TheParade_}

It seemed I'd never been called anything but cute. Not beautiful, not gorgeous, nothing. But cute. I'd always been cute. Every single guy I'd been with had called me cute and never beautiful, which was what I wanted.

And the guy, no, the man I wanted more than anything called me cute.

But in a friendly way.

Never in a romantic way, and it killed me.

This man?

Austin Carlile.

Yeah, you know him. Dark hair pushed to the side, freckles, bright brown eyes, tattoos all across his skin, beautiful. He was perfect to me.

He was also my best friend. But to him, I'd remain adorable.

I hated being adorable. It made me sound like a little kid, like I wasn't a full grown woman. Sure I was short and small and had freckles, but I was so much more than that.

Right?

All I wanted was for someone to think so.

"Addieeeeeee..." I heard, the sound of my best friend's voice waking me up. I groaned, tossing a pillow at his smirking face, and kept my own head on the sheets. I was so tired, and he was not helping.

He laughed, catching the pillow in his hand and shaking my shoulder. "C'mon... You gotta get upppppppp..." he mused, and I groaned.

"Ugh... Fine..." I mumbled, climbing from my bunk and my brown hair a mess. My brown eyes were dull from lack of sleep, and I yawned.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Austin murmured with a grin, hugging my small self and going back to the lounge.

I shook my head with a small smile, going to get ready for the day.

****

I was now ready, my brown hair combed perfectly and my side fringe nice and neat, and my brown eyes clear now that I wasn't so tired. Austin had said all of us were invited to a party, but I didn't want to go, really.

I said so and Austin nodded. "Oh okay. Well neither do I. I'll stay behind with you." he said with a grin, sitting on the couch in front of me as the band left.

I noticed how adorable he looked in the dim light.

His eyes were even brighter and his dark hair was nice and combed too.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked, laying and stretching out on the couch, and Austin chuckled slightly at my stretching because I was taking up the whole couch.

"Eh. Not much, really. We could just..." I began trying to think of an activity.

"Talk?" Austin suggested, almost sounding hopeful.

I grinned with a small nod. "Yeah. Let's talk." I said, sitting up and smiling at him.

"Um... Ok... Well... Are you uh... Still dating that one dude? Spencer?" he asked, raising a dark eyebrow, and I shook my head, wrinkling my nose.

"No. Definitely not."

"Why?"

"He never called me beautiful. He always just wanted to sleep with me. Lots of reasons." I answered with a shrug.

"That's crazy!" he cried, and I raised my own eyebrow at his sudden outburst.

"I mean... Yeah..." he said quietly, recovering from his odd behavior.

I chuckled. "I guess."

"I mean, like, if WE were together, I'd always call you beautiful." he admitted, looking away with a small blush.

I blushed too. "Um... Thanks..."

He smiled, moving from his couch to the one I was on. "Would you rather someone call you cute or beautiful?" he asked, his voice falling to a whisper and a small smirk.

"I would... Um..." I spoke, trying to find the right words.

He grinned, seeming to know the answer as his mouth pressed against mine. "I think you're beautiful..." he mumbled against my mouth, and I smiled, kissing him back.

Finally to someone I loved, I was not just cute. I was beautiful.