I Prefer You. [JoshBalz] {urboii}

I sighed, looking up at the large tour bus. It spelled out Motionless In White on the side in wavering letters. This would be my home for the few months. I felt my grip on the handle of my suitcase tighten as I took a deep breath.

I tried to keep myself calm, but it was difficult for me. I heard a voice behind me chuckling. I turned, seeing Devin.

Devin had been the one to get me this job. And I was eternally grateful for it. We had been friends for a while now, and he mused that his band was having auditions for a new makeup artist.

Usually they didn't have one, but they wanted to try it and see if it cut down time. I went and auditioned for Devin and their drummer, Angelo, and made the cut.

They especially like me because I was friends with Devin, so they knew they could trust me.

I hadn't gotten to meet the rest of the band though, so I was excited but really nervous at the same time.

"Don't be nervous, Krista. They'll love you." he said, ruffling my blue hair and grinning at me.

I smiled, nodding and not replying. I was so nervous. Devin took my suitcase, loading it up with his and leading me to the door, unlocking it and letting me inside.

I swallowed, rubbing my sweaty hands on my jeans and following him into the large bus, the wave of heat hitting me and instantly warming me from the cold air outside.

A boy with long dark hair and two lip piercings resting on his lip was sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. He looked up, seeing us and smiling.

"Oh, hey, Devin, we're in Kerrang!" he started, but stopped when he saw me.

"Oh, hi, you must be Krista." the boy said, shaking my hand. "I'm Ricky. Lead guitarist. Devin has told us a lot about you." he mused with a soft smile, something it seemed he didn't do often.

I smiled. "Nice to meet you. I'll be your new makeup artist, correct?" I asked, and Ricky nodded.

"Yep." he answered with a grin, and the rest of his band came through. I recognized Angelo, and he waved at me with a smile, and I waved back.

Devin ran a hand through his thick hair with a small smile and introduced me to the rest of the band. And I learned all their names.

There was Chris, Ryan, and there was apparently another band member coming back to the bus I hadn't met yet. Ryan said his name was Josh, but they called him Balz.

Said keyboard player stumbled in a few moments later, mumbling words about his head. It was still early, about nine or ten at night, and he was drunk?

Wait, wasn't he straight edge?

I took a moment to watch him as he made his way back to his bunk.

He was really attractive, he had short dark hair shaved on the sides with light pale skin. He had cute angel bites, a smear of dark paint across his eye from the last set they had played a little bit ago. His white iris contact was still in, but his other eye was bloodshot and crazy looking, so it almost matched the other in oddity.

I hadn't been able to make the set tonight, so they did their own makeup, and although it was good, my fingers itched to be the one to smear the dark paint over Josh's eye.

Even though I had just met him, I felt some kind of attraction to him. He was so attractive, and from the way they talked about him, he was sweet and fun. Like me.

Josh didn't even say a word as he stumbled back to his bunk and clambered in awkwardly, passing out.

We all shook our heads as we each climbed into our own assigned my bunks. Mine was on the top, which I had requested.

I fell asleep, the thought of Josh's face in my mind.

****

When I woke up, I climbed from my bunk, seeing everyone was just getting up.

I grinned, taking a seat beside Ricky and Devin on the couch, and they grinned back at me.

Josh clambered from his bunk as well, and Angelo pointed towards me as Ryan waved.

"This is Krista. She's our new makeup artist." he stated, and Josh scoffed.

"I don't need one." he said coldly, and I looked down at my hands as he went back to his bunk.

I wanted to cry.

****

That night,after their set was over, we headed back to the bus, Josh going out to drink as usual.

It was just the usual thing.

I was already asleep. It must've been like two in the morning, when I felt a warm body collide with mine in my bunk.

I woke up sleepily, rolling over and seeing Josh's face right in front of mine. I tried my best to keep my squealing inside. I bit my lip as his hand came over my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Oh god.

Oh god.

Oh GOD.

I forced my eyes shut, not wanting to look at him, and went back to my peaceful sleep.

When I woke up, he was gone, and I sat up, crawling out of the bunk. He was sitting in the back lounge, holding his head.

I passed him, sitting in the front lounge.

"Krista?" I heard weakly. I raised an eyebrow, but I was kinda excited.

"Y-Yes?" I asked, and I saw Josh's figure appear in the doorway.

"Um... I'm sorry about last night... I didn't mean to climb into your bunk..." he said, his voice soft. I bit my lip. It sounded so cute.

"It... It's fine..." I replied, and I finally saw him as he came from the back. He had a cut over his left eye and some bruising on his face.

I shot up, whether he liked me or not, I didn't care.

"What the hell happened to you?" I cried, rushing over to him. He cringed as some of my fingers graced over his lips.

"I just got into a fight... That's all..." he admitted, and I grimaced. It looked pretty bad. I rushed over to get some first aid, clearing away the blood on his face and bandaging up some things.

"Th-Thank you, Krista..." he mused quietly, and I smiled. He may have been a jerk to me, but he was kinda cute and sweet right now.

"You're welcome..."

~~~~

A few months after the tour, Josh and I were pretty good friends since that night.

I think I was actually starting to fall in love with him.

I was at his house right now, going over plans for the next tour.

"Hey, Josh? I have something to ask you..." I began, and he nodded.

"Sure, what?"

"Um... How come you kept coming back drunk... But you're straight edge...?" I asked, looking at him, and his pale skin seemed to have reddened in embarrassment.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Um... Well... Devin showed us your picture, and I thought that you were cute... And I kinda thought well... Maybe you'd like me, but then I thought, well what if she likes guys that are assholes? And I didn't really get drunk, I just acted like it... And I didn't get into a fight either..." he admitted, looking away.

I rolled my eyes, my hand going under his chin and bringing his mouth to mine. "I always thought you were cute." I said with a smile as I pulled away.

He grinned. "So you'd prefer me straight edge?"

I nodded. "I just prefer you."