I Just Saw You And I Had To Say Hi [ZackMerrick] {A_Merrikat}

It's kinda weird how we met. I was sitting outside in the park on a hot day, reading a book. I was wearing denim shorts, an old AC/DC shirt, and I had my fiery red hair pulled back into a messy bun on top of my head.

I remember hoping for a tan, considering I'm so pale, and hoping I wouldn't get anymore freckles. He thinks that they're cute, but I want to tan.

My green hazel eyes went over the pages quickly, but I soon got bored and sprawled out in the grass, closing my eyes and enjoying the heat of the summer.

Then I heard a chuckle. I opened one eye and glanced around, seeing someone very tall with short brown hair and bright green eyes. I raised an eyebrow.

Naturally, I'm a very outgoing and happy person, but when I saw him, this gorgeous man, I swallowed and froze. I opened both of my eyes and stared at him, getting a better view of his face.

He was gorgeous.

Like... Dear God.

He had his shirt off, so his chest was exposed. He was toned with a full tattoo sleeve over his left arm and his upper torso.

He caught me staring and smirked. "Like what you see?" he asked, then laughed, extending a hand to help me up.

I took it, standing. My short figure was even shorter compared to him.

"I- I'm Hannah." I said shyly. I was so shy talking to guys. I couldn't help it I just was.

"Zack. Sorry to bother you, I was just skateboarding with my friends and I noticed you over here." he said, stepping back shyly.

"You-You don't have to go." I said suddenly, and he smiled.

"Do you want to come meet my friends... Hannah?" he asked, and I smiled at the way he said my name.

I nodded, grabbing my stuff and following him.

****

That was a year ago, and I've been friends with Zack, Rian, Alex, and Jack ever since.

I still have a small crush on Zack, and I sometimes wonder if he likes me too. Alex says he does, but I'm not sure. Zack is shy naturally and very quiet, but he's started to call me HP, which is reserved unless you're close to me.

I'm going to their party tonight, and I'm hoping I'll get to see Zack there.

****

I'm still getting ready for the party, and Zack said he's swinging by to pick me up.

I'm still waiting on them, so I'm waiting in the living room, already dressed. It's not fancy or anything, so I'm wearing a black V-neck that exposes some of my upper chest. I'm hoping Zack might see it.

Is it bad that I'm like this for him?

I hope not...

I stood, going to my room and looking in the mirror to fix my hair. Should I wear it up? Down? I didn't know what to do...

But then I felt a pair of arms around me. I smiled, seeing Zack hugging me in the mirror.

"Hey, Hannah." he said, lowly into my ear.

I raised an eyebrow. He never calls me Hannah.

He always calls me HP or his newest nickname, that I hate, Han.

"You never call me Hannah." I commented with a chuckle, and he grinned.

"Well today is special."

My eyebrow is still raised. "How so?" I asked.

He grinned, turning me. "Because of this..." he says, and presses his mouth to mine in a warm kiss.

I grinned, kissing back.

I feel him grin and pull back. "So... What do you think?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, his shyness returning. It's so cute.

"Did you not know I've liked you since we met?" I asked, and he grinned. I smiled, tugging his mouth back to mine.

Let's just say, I became his girlfriend and we never made it to the party.