Try, try, try again. [BrennanTaulbee] {AncientWaters}

"I can't do this, Mel... I'm so sorry but I can't... It's so..." he began, but stopped, to swallow the lump in his throat. He didn't want to cry, I know. He always does this. He fell along the wall, sinking to the floor slowly and letting his face fall to his hands.

His long dark hair fell in front of his face, his bangs covering over his usually bright eyes.

I sighed, trying to keep the tears from my own green irises. I bit my lip, running a hand through my blonde hair, and moved closer to him, kneeling beside his crumpled figure.

"Brennan... Please... Think about it..." I pleaded. He couldn't leave me. Not now. Especially not now, when I was seven months pregnant with his child. The child he helped me create.

Our future. Our new life. But for some reason he's now reaching his breaking point. He was fine in the beginning, and be was slightly stressed towards the middle portion.

I brought my hand under his chin, bringing up his head. He had let go and started crying. I didn't mind, it didn't matter to me. His pale cheeks were covered in hot tears, and he stared sadly at me from behind a messy curtain of black bangs.

"I'll do anything to make you happy... But this... I can't... I'm sorry Mel... I'm so sorry... Please... Just... I can't..." he pleaded, tripping over his words, just like he'd been tripping over his feet as he tried to stand.

He wanted to run away from me. Run away from everything we created to have it only knocked down like a house of cards. It hurt, but I couldn't do anything about it.

He was so stubborn about anything and everything, and once he had his mind set on something, he wasn't going to change it. And this was unfortunately one of those things.

I stood as well, trying to reach out to him, trying to grab any kind or article of clothing to keep him close to me. I grabbed his thin shirt, but he kept moving, somehow still being able to get away from me.

"Brennan... Please..." I begged, the reads freely falling now. He shook his head sadly, swallowing to keep back all the new hot tears from moving down his face.

"I'm sorry Mel... Tell her that I'm sorry..." he said quietly, shutting the door behind him. I stared at the door for a moment. Was I supposed to go chase him? Did he think that was what I would do?

The door was like an odd metaphor to what had happened between us. He'd shut the door on me. He'd closed the door to me getting inside him, understanding him.

I'd been so close, but now all that was gone. It was lost. I'd let him slip away. But in reality it wasn't my fault. He was the one leaving me. He'd gotten me pregnant seven months ago, and he'd been so happy. We'd been so happy. We were having a kid together.

But in the end it wasn't enough to make him stay. He wouldn't stay for his daughter. His world would no longer be focused on me or his beautiful daughter. We'd already picked out a name for her.

I loved classic names, and so did Brennan. So we settled on something we both loved. We were going to name her Penelope. I'd fallen in love with the name, and Brennan loved it as well.

We'd both had the thought of our beautiful daughter, with long dark hair like her father and bright green eyes like mine, sitting between us at the park, her father fretting over her walking in the grass and myself twisting flowers into her hair.

That was the kind of life be wanted for us. A happy life where she would be happy and we could be a normal family. Even though we were young, the decisions we made were chosen wisely.

We're only 19, but it's fine. At least, that's what he always told me. He told me that he'd always love me, he'd always be there, and that I'd never have to worry about anything.