I'm Happy. [VicFuentes] {SleepingWithPizza}

High school. Or as I call it, a death sentence. No, just torture. It is only proven more and more each second as the minutes of this class drones on. My teacher doesn't care what we do obviously, because two jocks are playing paper football or some crap in the back of the classroom.

We're supposed to be finishing chapters six and seven of our geography book to go over for our test next week.

But nobody cares, not even the teacher.

His voice drones on, sounding like sandpaper on wood as he grows more and more tired like the rest of us. I moved some long blonde hair from my face, rubbing my green eyes trying to stay awake.

I slipped my tongue over my lip ring, looking at the board as our teacher talks. I'm just so tired.

My eyes almost close as the door opens, a young student coming inside the room. His brown hair is long and swept to the side under a gray beanie. I see the glint of his nose ring and smile to myself. Not many people have those around here.

I think it's kinda cute how he's dressed though. He was wearing a short sleeve shirt that was a pale blue, and a pair of skinnies matched with some classic converse sneakers.

I smiled. I knew who he was. He was Vic. Vic Fuentes. Mike Fuentes's little brother. Guitar player. Singer. Friend.

He was actually my best friend. We'd been friends for a long time. He'd seen me at my greatest, my worst, my highs, my lows, everything.

He was practically my flesh and blood.

But I didn't want that anymore.

I wanted more.

You see, he may have been my friend, but it wasn't enough to keep me from falling in deep love with him over the years. Everything about him I loved. I know he tries so hard to help me with things, and I try as well to help him.

But we argue a lot. We argue over his girlfriend, who cheats on him. He doesn't want to believe it, but I know she does.

Mike has tried to tell him that, along with Jaime and Tony, but he won't even believe them.

The bell rings as he is still talking to our teacher, who dismisses him. Vic grins slowly, his lips pulling back over his teeth fully. He has such a beautiful smile, too bad he didn't show it more often.

"Kasey, hey." he says, waving as his other hand goes into his pocket. He's still smiling, which is odd. But regardless I smile back with a small wave of my own as I pull my backpack over my back.

"Hey Vic." I reply quietly. His smile slowly fades as that awkward tension grows between us.

Tony's voice cuts through the silence. "Guys let's goooooo..." he cries, poking his head in the door. Jaime is behind him, his smile wide as always.

Jaime and I have a similar personality. We're both very outgoing and crazy, and very lovable and sweet. But Vic and I are so different. He's so much quieter, and he hides himself behind a shallow mask only I really know.

I smile slightly, going to the two men at the door as Mike appears from his classroom as well. He waves his long limbs at us and I laugh, waving back.

Vic is following me, but he isn't saying much. I don't blame him though. Things are so intense between us it's scary.

But I fake another smile as Jaime went into telling one of his hilarious stories.

****

Another day down, but luckily it's a Friday, so we stay out later than usual.

We're going to the movies, and Vic's girlfriend meets us there. Her jet black curls bounce around her shoulders as she latches onto him, kissing him fully, even though it's a full parking lot.

I roll my eyes, my green irises catching a glimpse of Mike shaking his head and looking away, which I agree with completely.

We finally are able to get our tickets and go inside the theater itself, sitting down as the movie begins to play.

I have a hard time looking at Vic when she is around. She cheats on him, and I know Vic believes me somewhere deep down, but he won't admit it, and that makes me so sad sometimes.

But it's what he wants, I guess.

I don't pay attention to the movie at all actually, instead I watch them, snuggling close together underneath the dim light of the large screen. I brushed some blonde hair from my face as my skin slightly pales, looking away.

As the movie is at its climax, I can't take it anymore and tell Jaime I'm going to the bathroom. He looks skeptical, but lets me go.

I actually do go the bathroom, thankful no one is there. I stand in front of the mirror, looking at myself, and my face soon falls to my hands as I crumble under the stress.

I can't take it anymore, seeing her, seeing him so happy even though she's cheating on him.

I stare at the mirror. Why didn't he love me?

Why?

I contemplate the possibilities as I hear the door open, and none other than Vic comes inside the room.

I didn't look at him, and he places his rough hand on my back.

"Kasey?" he asks.

I don't answer and don't look up, my green eyes are only filled with bitter tears that I don't want him to see.

"Kasey..." he says again, and I bite my lip as small tears escape from my eyes. His arms come around my small body, and regardless of how upset I am at him, I bury my face in his muscular chest.

He attempts to calm me down, shushing me and kissing my forehead lightly to calm me down.

I push him away. "Why do you keep doing this to me, Vic? Treating me like you love me when you have that slut who cheats on you and-" I begin to shout, but like a romance movie, he shuts me up.

But with a kiss.

It's soft and sweet, barely gracing over my lips. I can tell he's holding back. But I don't mind and kiss him anyway, and he reacts, kissing me back and pulling me closer.

It feels like heaven as his hands roam over my back. But the heaven ends and pulls me back to hell as he pulls away. But be smiles as his hand brushes some blonde hair from my face.

"I came in here to tell you that I broke up with her. I always knew she was cheating, Kasey. But I didn't want to admit it. But I hate the fact that it took me a slut to realize what I had in the first place." he says with a small smile, kissing my cheek.

My bubbly and happy personality returns, because now there is no reason for sadness.

I'm happy again.

Band One Shots [Closed]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें