Be My Lois Lane. [BenBruce] {PaulaHevia}

"Remind me again, love... Why is being here so exciting?" Ben asked, looking around the small store.

I grinned, running a hand through my dark hair, one of my blue tips falling over my shoulder.

"Because I love superheroes, silly. They're so brave and- OH MY GOD IT'S STAR TREK!" I cry, dropping the Batman comic in my hands and my palms slapping against my cheeks in surprise.

Ben chuckled at my excited state, and moved over, picking up the comic for me and setting it back in the bin as I rushed forward for the Star Trek set.

I picked it up, cradling it as the face of Spock glittered in the sun. In case you haven't guessed, I love Star Trek. I love Star Wars, and anything involving it. Call me a nerd if you want, but eh.

Ben just laughed, but he looked like he was planning something in that brain of his.

That's something else.

Ben.

Ben Bruce. He's my best friend and I work as a merch girl for his band, and there's one other thing.

I think I'm in love with him.

Not crushing, but I'm in love with him. That smile, that wild hair that I constantly beg to straighten, but he always refuses. His irises are a beautiful and light color that rises and lightens when he gets excited or when he's performing. All of it.

I realize I'm staring at him when his hand is waving in front of my face to get my attention.

"S-Sorry..." I mumble, and he smirks.

"Paula... Which superhero is your favorite?" he asked, sipping his soda.

I shrugged. "All of them I guess. Why?" I asked, curious. He grinned, taking another drink.

"No reason. But I've got to go for now, love. I'll meet you at the bus." he said with a grin, kissing my cheek.

For a second my green eyes lit up and I smiled bright, but hid it in a nod as I went to go pay for my items.

*****

I sat in the bus, drinking my tea and watching my episodes of Star Trek. It was really and oddly quiet in the bus. Cameron was with his girlfriend, Sam and James were out drinking, and I had no idea where Ben was along with Danny.

I stood from the couch, going to find the latter two, and seeing that I couldn't not in this huge bus.

I went outside, wondering if maybe they were just chilling, and finally I saw Danny rushing for the bus.

"Oh! Hey Paula." he said, surprised to see me. He seemed out of breath.

"Where've you been?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Helping Ben." he answered, and I raised an eyebrow.

Helping Ben?

With what?

It seems like my mind was read because as soon as I thought that, Ben Bruce came flying towards me.

Wait, flying?

He was clad in bright colors, a cape hanging on his shoulders and blowing in the breeze. I saw it, he was hanging on a wire. He flew towards me, his arms holding me as he picked me up and the wire ended, both of us flying into the warm grass.

I laughed and he did too.

"What is all of this? " I asked between giggles.

"I'm Super Ben, here to save you." he admitted, kissing my cheek.

I smiled. "You're my superhero." I mused, grinning, and he grinned as well.

"Well will you be my..." he began, trying to think of a good female counterpart.

"Be my Lois Lane, Paula." he finally said, and I grinned.

"Definitely." I answered as I kissed him with a grin, Danny laughing at us in the background.