3. Roaring 20s

The weekend came and went and with it a brand a new week that was full of something that Lima had been lacking lately: sunshine!

With a sunny day on Monday morning, most students sat out in the courtyard to enjoy the somewhat warm weather. A few members of the glee club gathered together to have lunch as a team.

"It's nice for all of us to hang out like this," said Elizabeth, who had just finished her home-packed sandwich.

"It's not all of us,"' said Floris. In fact, it was only about half of them. Lucas, Lola, Perla, Mona, and even Teddy were missing from the table. Noting the latter, Floris took a quick look around the courtyard, as he had every couple of minutes since sitting down. "By the way," he said, "has anyone seen Teddy?"

"Did you just ask for Teddy?" Alex responded very loudly. Everyone at the table, and a few people at other tables, turned to look at him.

"Are you having a stroke?" asked Mia.

Alex cleared his throat and said even louder this time, "DID YOU JUST ASK FOR TEDDY?"

Music started playing and everyone turned to the staircase, where the Cheerios were appearing. Mia gasped, surprised that there was a gathering she wasn't a part of.

[🎶"Take You Dancing" by Jason Derulo.🎶]

Teddy with Cheerios: Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da.

"Oh my god," Floris said, unable to contain his grin as Teddy appeared between two rows of Cheerios. The girls leaned against the stair railings and Teddy made his way down to the stairs.

Teddy: Pull up, skrrt-skrrt on your body. Performin' just like my 'Rari. You're too fine. Need a ticket. I bet you taste expensive. Pouring up, up by the liter. If you keeping up you's a keeper. Tequila and vodka. Boy, you might be a problem.

Floris turned to the others for just a half second, wanting to make sure he wasn't imagining anything. But the whole courtyard was looking at Teddy and the Cheerios. This was real.

Teddy: Run away, run away, run away, run away, I know that I should. But my heart wanna stay, wanna stay, wanna stay, wanna stay now. You can see it in my eyes. That I wanna take you down right now if I could. So I hope you know what I mean when I say.

Teddy arrived at the bottom of the staircase and his sights were set directly on Floris. The Cheerios stood in a line, dancing behind him in sync as he sang to Floris.

Teddy: Let me take you dancin'. Two-step to the bedroom. We don't need no dance floor. Let me see your best move.

In front of them, Teddy looked like such a professional. He kept up flawlessly and even danced better than some of the cheerleaders.

Teddy: Anythin' could happen. Ever since I met you. No need to imagine. Baby all I'm asking is let me take you dancing.

He made his way towards Floris and arrived in front of him.

Teddy with Cheerios: Like da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da. If you know what I mean. Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da. Da-da-da-da-da-da.

There, he finished his song and posed with an arm towards Floris, palm held out.

Teddy: Dancin!

As the table cheered and other students returned to their lunches, Teddy held Floris's hand and pulled him up on his feet. "What do you say?" he said, a little out of breath. "Go to the dance with me?"