49

YEJI

"why are you going to leave me again..? please don't leave me.." i pleaded, but Ryujin held my cheeks.

"baby, i'll come back once i know we'll be safe.. but if we want that, i need to be as far away as possible from you.." Ryujin held my hands, she was crying.

"but what if you'll never come back?" i looked down, but she lifted my chin with her other arm.

"i promise you, from the bottom of my heart, that once everything is okay, i will find you and we will live together.. spending our lives together, witnessing each other's hair turn into white." she wiped my tears.

"you know that i know that i'm doing this for your safety baby.. you know that, right?" she smiled weakly.

"i can't lose you again, please.." i held her hands tightly.

"don't make this hard for me Yeddeong-ah.. you're so mean~" she giggled.

"i just need to fix this.. i need to fix myself, for you." she said, "after the interview, i'll say my goodbyes, and you too." Ryujin cried as she embraced me tightly.

"i hate saying that, baby. i already promised myself that i won't let you go but here we are.. saying our goodbyes." she cried on my shoulder.

"i'll completely understand if you found someone els-"

"no." i slowly pulled away from the hug.

"this heart," i pointed on my chest, "will always be yours. no one else." i reassured her.

"you can still visit Jisoo, but don't expect me to be there when you're there." she said,

"i love you." i looked at her swollen eyes.

"i fucking love you, Yeji. i will always love you." she said, pulling me into a long passionate kiss.

-

me and Ryujin quickly rushed out of the police station and took a cab after the interview with Jeongyeon-unnie.

"she better not die on me." Ryujin said, panicking. i held her hand and squeezed it while the driver asked where are we going.

-

"you guys panic too much.." Jisoo said weakly, she giggled afterwards.

"you dumb fuck! i was so worried." Ryujin covered her face, she was crying again.

"didn't i told you that i'll kick your ass once our contract is over?" Jisoo giggled.

while Ryujin and Jisoo talked, i sat on the sofa beside Nayeon.

"the doctor said she needs to stay here for a while, to recover." Nayeon smiled weakly.

"i'm glad she's alright, she went through a lot." i looked at Jisoo again.

"but the doctor said that she might take a while to be able to fully recover, and she's having a hard time to walk. so that's bad, but we'll see the results." Nayeon sighed.

"alright.." i said,

"what's your plan with Ryujin?" she said, lowering her voice so that they won't hear.

"i might move back with my mom and find a job there, Ryujin broke up with me." i smiled.

"excuse??? me???" Nayeon gasped.

"we need time away from each other, she said she wants to make sure that we'll be safe once she comes back for me." i explained,

"are you going to expect that she will come back for you?" Nayeon asked.

"fifty fifty." i shrugged.

"we'll be here for you." Nayeon hugged me and i hugged her back.

-

RYUJIN

me and Yeji were walking around a park near the hospital, we sat on a bench.

"it's really late now, you know?" Yeji giggled.

"yeah, it is.." i smiled.

"i'm guessing this would be the last time that we'll spend time with each other like this?" Yeji said, putting her hand on mine.

"mhm.." i nodded, holding my tears.

she moved closer to me and hugged my arm with both of her arms, then she put her head on my shoulder.

"if only we could stay like this forever." Yeji chuckled as tears started to flow on my cheeks.

"i promise, after all of this.. i'll be back.." i said, then she hugged me tightly.

"give me a kiss." she smiled.

"why?" i teased,

"i want to feel your lips one last time before we part ways." she looked at me.

i held her cheek gently as i lean closer and felt her plump lips on mine, then she started to cry.

"i'll miss you." she pulled away.

"me too, baby." i looked at her.

"i.. need to go." she slowly got up and faced me, "this might be the last time you'll ever see me." she explained.

"but remember, that i cherished every moment that we had. every second, every minute, every hour.. thank you for everything, Ryujin." she smiled, then she bowed.

"i love you, for the last time." her voice trembled.

"goodbye."

she turned around and started to walk away. i watched her body getting smaller as she walked away. i couldn't help but burst into tears.

i couldn't process why this had to happen to us, why is the world against us?

i'll miss you.

-

WEEKS LATER

"members of the court, after hearing all the evidence presented by both the prosecution and the defense, and after careful consideration of the facts and circumstances of this case, the court has found the defendant guilty and will be sentenced 10 years in prison.

the court acknowledges that the defendant is a human being with inherent dignity and worth, and that this verdict does not diminish their value as a person. however, the defendant's actions have caused harm to others and violated the laws of our society, and they must be held accountable for their actions.

it is the hope of the court that the defendant will use this experience to learn from their mistakes and make positive changes in their life going forward. the court takes no pleasure in handing down this verdict, but it is necessary to ensure that justice is served and to protect the safety and well-being of our community. this court is adjourned."

i can't believe it.. we're free.

Rosé walked towards me and held my hand, "congratulations, Ryujin. we won the case." she smiled at me while tears are flowing on my cheeks.

Nayeon happily congratulated me along with her friends, that i probably consider as my friends too.

"we're so happy for you, Ryujin! you made it!!" Sana said.

"thank you, i'm sure Jisoo would be happy too once i've announce this to her." i smiled.

"she's actually learning how to walk now, like a baby." Nayeon chuckled.

as they all laughed, i felt like something is missing.

"hey, are you okay?" Momo asked,

"yeah, just thinking." i explained,

"about Yeji?" Nayeon patted my back.

"now that i'm free, there's only one thing that i needed to do." i looked at them.

"we gotchu!" they all hugged me.

after years of being abused and mistreated by JYP, i finally did it. i'm finally free. but there's one promise that i haven't fulfilled yet.

Hwang Yeji.