"This is awkward." Kennedy whispers.

"Tell me about it." I concur setting the ice-cream down.

"Look I didn't know you work here. I came in last night to get ice-cream with my sister and saw the job posting. I asked about it and Archer told me I can train today and tomorrow and if I'm a good fit, he'll keep me on." She explains. "Is there anyone else who can train me?"

"No, I'm the only one available." I answer.

If Kennedy and I were friends I wouldn't have an issue training her, actually it'd be awesome but she hates me and wants nothing to do with me so this will be hard for the both of us.

"I need this job so is there anyway we can figure our shit out long enough for you to train me?" Kennedy asks.

"You're the one who hates me so you tell me."

"I don't hate you Isaiah." She replies looking offended that I'm accusing her of that yet she's the one who said she wants me to stay away from her.

"Sure." I scoff.

"I don't. Look, you and I need to set our differences aside. I need this job and you are the one who is supposed to train me." She demands.

She gets this fire in her eyes that's very sexy when she gets this demanding. I don't hate Kennedy, I actually like her so I will swallow my pride and train her. It will be hard being in such close proximity with someone who wants nothing to do with me but my mom didn't raise me to be vindictive.

"I'll train you."

Her eyes light up in happiness at my words. "Really?"

"Yes!" I nod biting in a smile.

I'm glad to see her so happy and me being the reason she has a smile on her face.

"Thank you so much, I'm a quick learner and I'll do my best not to get in your way." She assures me.

"Okay, come around back, I'll give you an apron and show you where to put your stuff." I say showing her the opening at the end of the counter.

I watch as her red curls float behind her as she rushes to join me. I lead her to the back and introduce her to Oscar. He's a big white guy who prefers kitchen appliances to people.

"This is Oscar, our chef, he makes the best waffles in the state and grills like a master chest. Scar this is Kennedy, she's the new hire."

"It's nice to meet you Oscar, I look forward to trying those waffles. I hope it's not all talk." Kennedy teases him.

"You can try one right now." Oscar replies showing ger to a fresh batch he's just made.

She looks at me for permission and I nod at her to go ahead. She picks one up and takes a careful bite, her eyes widening when the flavours hit her tongue.

"Wow! This is so good. I'm sorry I ever doubted you." She apologizes to Oscar.

"Glad to prove you wrong. It's nice to meet you as well Kennedy, welcome to Frosty Dream."

"Thank you."

We proceed forward and I show her the office, walk in freezer, storage room where we keep all our ingredients plus extra utensils and finally the bathroom with a tiny space in the wall next to it where Archer managed to squeeze a couple of lockers for us to keep our stuff.

"Here's an apron, put it over your clothes and tie your hair up to avoid it from getting everywhere then meet me out front. This is your locker." I instruct showing her the empty locker next to mine.