The Lost Kingdom's Remnants II

-- With Y/N --

Y/N: Hey Kuroshi I'm gonna hide in the cave what about you?

Kuroshi: *smirks* I'll go to the shore Akio won't find me there.

Y/N smirks back.

Y/N: That's a good idea. Good luck.

Kuroshi nods excitedly as he starts running towards the shore.

As Akio finishes counting and began searching for his friends, he easily found Y/N inside the cave.

Akio: *with a big smile* Found you Y/N!

Y/N came out of hiding and smiles back.

Y/N: Damn, I guess I'm it again.

The two laughed together.

Akio: I wonder where Kuroshi is.

Meanwhile, Kuroshi can be seen still running and giggling happily, thinking that Akio would never find him. This is when he suddenly bumped into someone.

Kuroshi fell to the ground as he looks up to see an old man looking down at him with disgust.

Kuroshi: *nervous* Um.. I- I'm sorry. I was just-

*stab*

The old man mercillesly plunged his sword towards the kid's chest.

Gorosei: Insect.

He then kicked the body away as the waves pulls Kuroshi toward it while the water slowly becomes tainted with blood.

The old man then took out a denden mushi.

Gorosei: Go ahead. Burn this island to the ground.

-- Y/N's House --

There is a heavy atmosphere in the house.

Y/N's parents can be seen talking to Y/N's grandfather who told the two about the ship he saw and what he felt when he sense someone strong set foot on the island.

Y/N's mom: Dad, you're saying, we should escape immediately?

Y/N's grandfather nods solemnly.

Grandpa: That's right. You and your husband should go to your son and get out of here using the passage inside the cave. I already sensed that your son is in the cave together with his friend.

He hands over a small chest to her.

Y/N's mom: Dad this is...

Y/N's grandfather nods.

Grandpa: It contains a devil fruit. One of the treasures passed down throughout our family. While we do not know exactly who our ancestors are, we were told to protect this with our life. Until the resurrection of someone... named Joyboy.

Y/N's mom: Joyboy?

Grandpa: *nods* While I do not know what it means or who they are, it's the only information that remained unchanged throughout our family's history. It is stated that that devil fruit once belonged to his trusted ally.

Y/N's mom: Dad what do you-

*BOOM*

As Y/N's mom was about to speak, the island suddenly shakes as big explosions can be heard throughout the island.

Grandpa: It started. There's no time. Take the path behind the island where the cave is and escape. I'll go out and buy you some time.

With that, Y/N's grandfather got out of the house.

Y/N's Dad: Let's also go. Your dad said Y/N should be at the cave with his friend.

Y/N's parents gets out of their house and starts to walk towards the back of an island. In the direction where a lone cave sits hidden by the trees.

With Y/N's grandpa near the shore

Y/N's grandfather stands in front of a fellow elder man holding the former Kuroshi's body.

The explosions and panics can be heard from the background as chaos ensued.

Grandpa: You heartless bastard. We have done nothing wrong. We're living here peacefully.

Saint Nosjuro: Do not speak. All of you are their descendents. None of you deserve to live. I'll erase all of you from existence.

One of the gorosei said as the scene turns to black and only a shadow of a being that the gorosei turned into can be seen as if devouring Y/N's grandfather.

--Meanwhile, Y/N's parents found the cave and Y/N inside it who seems confused and scared--

Y/N: M-mom... What's happening? I'm scared.

Y/N asked crying as he looks up before holding his mother's hand.

His mother looks at Y/N worriedly before turning her eyes to her husband who gave the same worried look then to Y/N again.

Y/N's father pets Y/N's head.

Dad: Y/N, mom and dad are here. We're here.

He kneeled down and hugs Y/N as his mother also kneeled down and hugs Y/N. The family having a group hug.

Mom: Y/N sweetie, we'll protect you. Don't worry sweetheart. We won't ever let somebody hurt you okay?

Y/N just continue to cry in his parent's arms while Akio is in the corner holding back tears and covering his ears from the explosion outside.

Y/N's mom notices this and pulls Akio into the hug as well.

The four shared a second of safety and comfort in each other's arms.

Unknown voice: Well, well, well. What do we have here?

A tall figure steps out of the shadow from the cave's entrance.

Saint Nosjuro: Found you.

The gorosei said as he looks at the scene in front of him.

Meanwhile, Y/N's father steps forward and hid the three behind him.

Dad: Honey, take the kids and run away.

He said to his wife while staring straight at the old man's eyes. Y/N grabs his mom's hands and before anyone else can make a move, an explosion suddenly hits the cave as the whole island experience an earthquake.

Mom: No!

Y/N's mom sees a rock debris about to fall on Y/N so she pushed him away.

As the dust starts to settle, a huge rock can now be seen blocking and separating Y/N from his family.

"What..."

Before he can finish his sentence, the ground beneath him suddenly cave in, he fell down deep beneath the island.

And as he looks up, he see the chest from earlier falling down with him.

TO BE CONTINUED...